What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what happened to "Export to Web"

nurgle

Hi, I am now starting to find missing things that I used to live by under Photoshop CS6 that are no longer in Photosho 2023 (and the new Photoshop 2024)

I was for ever emailing small images from my vast range of posters to potention clients to select which ones suited the category they were after (have over 250,000 + Lost count at that)

and for me the quickest way was to export a folder as a "temp" web site to a new folder, using automate - Export to web. it was quick fast and I would have a few folders, such as small previews and scripts that I would trash and just keep the main folder of images I need all sized the same. loved it.

now I need to do the same, and it is a dame nightmare, thanks adobe... it seems Adobe Bridge now handles that and I am in a bind trying to set it up..

anyone have any clues ? please.

Regards, Sandy

Hi @nurgle / Sandy
I don't understand all of your requirements yet suggest that you consider looking at the following option. the result is a multipage PDF file with all the images sized as you wish as each page as a contact sheet.

First in Photoshop use the File > Automate > Contact Sheet II
With this command you can select a folder of images to create in Contact Sheet format. Each contact sheet created (assuming many images) will be created as a separate open document in Photoshop

The in Photoshop use the File > Automate > PDF Presentation and select all open files and appropriate options for you) and this will create a multipage PDF file.

With the above approach you don't have a lot of extra files to delete or ignore and just send the multipage PDF file to you clients. I don't know how many images you have in one folder so hard to know what issues you may have.

Just a a optional path to consider for your workflow
John Wheeler

Hi, yes i understand what you are saying. but a PDF is NOT what I am after.. I am after separate Jpeg files. I just manually went through the folder, and exported each images individually as jpeg file, widted to 600 pixels, and it took me ages. where as before, it was only a few ky clicks and worked at lightening speed.
regards, Sandy

If you need individual small JPEG images of a fixed size, why not use File > Scripts > Image Processor
That can take as input a folder name (with options for sub folders), convert images to JPEG of the pixel size you specify and save the images.
Not sure about speed yet seems that is performing a very similar function that you seek. If not, probably more detailed specification of your user needs might help.
One more path to consider
John Wheeler

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 10.56.06 PM.jpg

i really miss export web gallery. it moved to bridge, and now, apparently, lightroom. such is life with adobe ;-(

to bestcpu.

Thanks for a great explanation of a part of photoshop I had not investigated.

I will now have a play around and see what results.

thanks again. much appreciated.

regards, Sandy

to bestcpu.

Thanks for a great explanation of a part of photoshop I had not investigated.

I will now have a play around and see what results.

thanks again. much appreciated.

regards, Sandy
Your more than welcome @nurgle and thanks again for your recent help on my post
John Wheeler

WOW.. Worked perfectly. I finaly have found back the functionally I had before. only problem is that when I type in a fixed pixle size I must type both measure ments... (before it would auto guess the other size if I types one, which is only a minor trivial problem)

thanks again for great help.

Regards, Sandy

WOW.. Worked perfectly. I finaly have found back the functionally I had before. only problem is that when I type in a fixed pixle size I must type both measure ments... (before it would auto guess the other size if I types one, which is only a minor trivial problem)

thanks again for great help.

Regards, Sandy
Glad that worked for you @nurgle / sandy
If you run up against any problems, there may be other possible workarounds so don't hesitate to ask.
John Wheeler

Back