What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the name of this effect?

balavalli

Gurus need a small help on explain me What is this effect is called? Thank you. I coped it from a Video.Thanks in advance

index.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Some may call it 3D, split channel, RGB split, or anaglyph.

Using Photoshop.
1. Select the red channel. (You'll see the the dotted moving line). Move it to the right 4 pixel by hitting the arrow key 4 times in this direction.
2. Select the blue channel. (You'll see the the dotted moving line). Move it down 4 pixel by hitting the arrow key 4 times in this direction.

It's a similar effect. It looks a bit different because I used a high quality image. The effect always depends on the resolution of your image.

nakd_poster_print_oversized_hoodie_black_1018-001912-0002_02b chrisdesignbefore.jpg
before

nakd_poster_print_oversized_hoodie_black_1018-001912-0002_02b chrisdesign after.jpg
after

Last edited:

JeffK

Guru
Quire a few videos out there show the split channel effect - here's one showing it done in RBG and CMYK:

I also played with this effect to more of an extreme:

C_rbg dancer V2.jpg