What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this effect and how could I achieve it?

bsc11

I tried making CD covers a while ago but quit, back at it.

I am trying to get this shadow like effect:

613dTz7eeWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

on this image:
Krayzie-Bone.jpg

I don't mean the marker scribble, or that print across him (though print and those weird lines like Matrix style that run through a pic is nice), but shading him like in that first pic is my goal.

I appreciate everyone's time and help.

I'm still learning as well but here's what I did: I turned it black and white, contrasted it a bit with the brighter, turned it bronze, extended photo out a little with cut and paste w/ layers, Used black paint brush for shading with it faded some, Hope it helps some to get you where you want.
fff.jpg

The simplest way I guess would be to unlock the background layer go to image > adjustments > Posterize keeping default values then image > adjustment > desaturate right click the layer and select blending options at the bottom of that window you will see blend if with 2 slider bars on the top slider bar move the right slider towards the left until there is enough transparancy in your picture.

Then simple put a new layer underneath it that you want your image to overlay.

As for the watercolour brush strokes around the edges you will need to paint them in manually
Krayzie-Bone.jpg

Back