What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What you see during cataract surgery

Vafann

Guru
I had cataract surgery yesterday. You have to be awake and they clamp your eye open like Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" . Then they cut your eye open, and with ultra sound break your real lens into peices and suck it out with something. Then they replace it with a plastic one.

I was scared to death, mostly of what I would see while they were operating, or if I would be totally blind or something. It turned out to quite interesting. I have tried to create an image in photoshop of what I saw during the whole operation, it really looks quite accurate to my experience.

-linsöverst-1.jpg

I dont think I could do it I hope I never get cataracts surgery anywhere else does not bother me but my eyes I could not cope with I cant even take eye drops lol. As to the picture I am sure that is what most people from the 60's saw lol

LOL!! yeah it really was grooooovy, and I´m so lucky, I get to do it again on the other eye in 6 weeks, I wonder what kind of trip that wil be haha. It´s like hysterically scary and creepy and weird.

Damn I cod never to that :/
I can see how you.could see that image, its pretty cool, good luck with your next operation!

I feel like it is too much information that it gives me a chill down my spine. I am quickly approaching the cataract age!

Back