What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's been done here?

the font I believe is this Distill Cond Bold - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts however it appears to have a form of a clipping mask with a textured background. my guess would be that they have used a square brush and cloned the background in to extend the font characters and then imported it to the image. The image has a film grain texture mode applied and numerous effects that has given it a bleached out vintage effect

Hi bsc. I started to play around with this idea last night, but had to put it aside. This is hardly a representation of that very cool artwork, but a couple ideas. I used images of old paper -- this one is more paper appearing than what you'd want -- levels adjustment, very slight halftone filter and decrease layer opacity. It's on top of layer stack. I selected the sky and pasted it into so it doesn't cross into the landscapes. Also applied noise>dust & speckles filter to sky and crosshatch to landscape. Then I roughly painted some color on a separate layer. Just wanted to play with the effects. Also played around with various blending modes, like the pain strokes are color mode.

The artist has apparently overlayed another texture on the skyline/architecture and selectively erased.

How have you been doing? Have you tried it out yourself?

Attachments

• AmphitheatreSky.jpg
    AmphitheatreSky.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Noticed that SOAG.jpg had brighter sky, so I made a version with brightness/contrast adjustment and painted white in the sky with a large soft, 12-15% opacity brush set dissolve mode. Did the same with black brush.

Attachments

• AmphitheatreSkyContrast.jpg
    AmphitheatreSkyContrast.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
why not create a new layer fill with 50% grey
then filter>add noise set to monochrome and 400%
then filter >blur >Guassian blur say 5 pixels
set layer mode to dissolve
create a new layer and use the star brush in the preset and paint in odd clicks here and there in black and white
create a new layer say 40 % grey and put that under your image layer
lower the opacity of your image layer slightly
add a vignette and here is waht you get over exagerated of course
AmphitheatreSky.jpg

WOW, it's snowing.

ROFL

uh, hope you're laughing (runs away to hide from the hoogleman . . . that does sound kinda like boogeyman doesn't it)

Hi bsc11

Something like this perhaps

bsc11.jpg

- Not, The font doesn't branch out like that. Every time you see an image, whit some font characters that seems to be curiously distorted, modified, etc.

That is called Typography, which is the art of manipulating text,characters, glimpses, etc.

You can manipulate the font characters using Illustrator or another program used to edit or create vector graphics Convert Photoshop Text to Vector Illustrator.

- the background is a vector graphic "cityscapes", you can download it for free.

- The dirty look background is made using a Grunge or Concrete texture set to overlay or multiply mode whit a 60_75% opacity.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help people, I'm just getting back into it tonight so I'll start with converting the text. Lotta help in this one, outstanding picture too.

Back