What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the difference between Fireworks and Photoshop?

imagemaker

I'm using Fireworks to teach a computer graphics class because I find it a simpler program and therefore easier for beginners to use than Photoshop. After students learn this program we move on to PS. But I've been told that FW is a web-related program. Why is this? It seems to me the only difference between the two programs is that PS is deeper.

Can students download a trial version of FW to use to do make up work at home? Is this an easy process?

Does Gimp accept FW files for manipulation? And can you use an FW file in PS and vice versa?

Lastly, what's the quick way to change your canvas color in PS?

Thanks!

I'm not going to try to answer any question but 1. To change canvas color go to edit>preferences>interface and choose standard screen mode for your regular working space and so on (if you're a Mac, I'm not sure anymore ... preferences I think).

When I bought Dreamweaver some years ago it was packaged with Flash, Fireworks and a couple others. It was also Macromedia, not Adobe. So at that time (to my knowledge ... and this is why I don't answer many of these questions as someone will come along and tell the real story) Fireworks was Macromedia's Photoshop. Whenever you tried to open a jpeg in DW, it would open Fireworks. Is that why FW is associated with the web :idea: ? Probably not, but just thought I'd share.

Now I'm going to go hide before some smart --- drops by ... :rolleyes:
:devilish:

Back