What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHere should I look tobuy PS CS Full version?

Wait

Does anyone one know of a good place to buy PS CS Full or even PS 7.0 + CS Upgrade if that is cheaper? I uninstalled my version of PS 7.0 and I'm looking to buy the latestest and greatest. Drop a link if you have one. :perfect:

It has been awhile,
-Joe

Hmm, I asked because there is a pretty good deal on eBay still for sealed (unregistered) PS7 with CS upgrade for Mac. Sorry... :(

Be very careful going to eBay to bid on anything Photoshop. I recently tried bidding on an unopened, unregistered version of Photoshop 7 and I got slammed with a ton of illegal e-mails from idiots wanting to sell me their burned, bogus copies of the program.

I spent two days with Adobe and eBay reporting each of them ... a grand total of twenty-five people trying to sell ripped copies.

So just beware ......

As of right now it will be hard to find anywhere that is selling the program at a reduced rate, since it just came out. Also beware using discount websites, for anything cheaper than $700 and you're taking a risk.

I've purchased perhaps twenty pieces of software on eBay (although never Adobe software) and have never received such a response. Did you use your e-mail address as your eBay ID? That used to be considered good form until people began to be assailed with garbage offers like the ones you received at which time eBay suggested that those who had used e-mail addresses change to a nom du eBay. Then if people got to you, they had to log in to send an e-mail and, as it is against the rules to use eBay's system to sell outside of the normal channels, you can have that eBay ID revoked by complaints in the proper channels. I'm glad you took the time to report all the frauds, even though it was a pain in the neck.

Try bidding on an original, unregistered copy of Photoshop and you'll find out fast. I discovered it has happened to a lot of people.

Well I looked at work today and if I get it there I can purchase CS for 564.xx (something around that range). But I'm going to contunue shopping around. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on something that I will probably not see a return on for another 3+ years. Thx fo the input though.. I too looked at all the scams going on on ebay.. }:\

Personally I think Adobe charges way too much for its programs, always has. Believe me, it's been tempting to keep the dozen or so full copies of Photoshop 7 and 8 that have arrived to me by mail, but in the end it's about ethics.

Ethics seems pretty stupid when compared to $700 or even $564. For honestly, are these programs really worth this much money? I mean how much are Adobe employees making? I don't know about them, but the rest of us barely make above-poverty wages.

C9Mouse said:
Personally I think Adobe charges way too much for its programs, always has. Believe me, it's been tempting to keep the dozen or so full copies of Photoshop 7 and 8 that have arrived to me by mail

How did you get all those copies in the mail?

Sometimes when I order Photoshop books from Amazon, eBay, or Half.com I'll find a burned copy of either version 7 or 8 in the books. I don't know why they send these things with the books. It's weird. I just chuck the disc in the trash compactor and forget about it.

Be happy, my friend. Here, in Absurdia, a full licnce to Photoshop costs about 1000 Euro (1100 US Dollar).
Even upgrades are similarly expensive.

Same goes for all software...

...and hardware... The US thinks that we are rich... or not aware of the pricces they have...

I wish that I could afford the upgrade myself, but then again I am happy with 7.01. Soon enough I will have no choice for in my line of work I can't always be writing about outdated software. I am a Corel Draw user and am curious as to how Illustrator works, similarities, differences, I know it comes with the CS upgrade, which to me is a value. 500+bucks, I am afraid I just cannot be THAT good for Santa!

I went through the same thing on Ebay, with all of these offers but never was sent any disks, just didn't answer the mails. Fools I tell ya, fools!

so wait let me get this straight...

you throw away free copies of a $700 program?

ever think of giving them to someone who needs it?[/b]

p1nk_st4r said:
so wait let me get this straight...

you throw away free copies of a $700 program?

ever think of giving them to someone who needs it?[/b]

Dude, the whole point of throwing them away is cause I don't want to get caught using pirated software - so why would I give them to other people? lol

It's a federal fine, don't ya know?

Photoshop, like other graphic systems, is getting more and more expensive and upgrades are becoming limited to one year back. Same with Macromedia. I have Flash 4 and a current upgrade is not possible for that version. Plus the older versions are not being supported by their companies.

Those of us in the design business, who must have all these programs, well... we have inadvertently assumed an expensive annual overhead. If we don't play the game, we lose our original investment. [upset] [upset] [upset]

As for Macromedia, I have upgraded to MX but I really perfer using my copy older version, I just needed protect my investment. \:] \:] \:]

I think these prices eventually force one to consider other ways to obtain the latest software through file sharing or day use downloads. Believe me I'm not endorsing this. Everything I own is legal and paid for but I think the manufacturers should be aware that they are sewing the seeds for a active blackmarket industry.
[saywhat] [saywhat] [saywhat]
Any comments ???
8)) Hey Rick, I like this new icon. 8))

Absolutely, Joy .... I don't think there's any reason Adobe/Macromedia/Corel need to charge the prices they do. I think if they charged less then more people would be apt to buy the program.

However, no matter if they were giving it away for free, there are still going to be people who will try to bust the code and hack a program.

For instance .... there was a crack running arounf for Photoshop CS, but Adobe made it so the keyboard shortcuts wouldn't work if you hacked it .... now they have a hack for that, too.

Personally, I see no need why a program has to be over $300. I mean, seriously, how much do Adobe employees make?

:lol

Back