What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHere should I look tobuy PS CS Full version?

Here's what I recommend .... this worked great for me:

Got to eBay and find an unopened, unregistered copy of Photoshop 7 from a reputable seller. You can usually get it at half the price you can find it at any stores. Then once you get your copy of PS, register it, then if you want you can decide to upgrade to Photoshop CS and only pay the upgrade fee.

One thing to keep in mind ... if you do this you might end up getting a lot of messages from people trying to sell you ripped copies of the program. When I bid on my copy I got a total of 24 messages from people offering a full version (either they will say registered or unregistered, but don't believe them) at anywhere from $25 - $100.

Do not respond to any of these messages. I ended up copying the headers of the e-mails and sending them both eBay and Adobe's Piracy site.

This might not happen to you, but I have been told it happens quite a bit.

I have 6.01 & 7.01, and am in NO hurry to upgrade to CS (as in Not until they "give" it to me for under $100 USD).

Besides the "Only 1 PC and 1 Laptop" Activation restrictions, and widespread system crashes, there is also the new "hidden" anti-counterfeiting code, wherein some artists are having problems with viewing images of Money. There are threads all over dealing with these.

The jury still seems to be out as to whether this upgrade was released too soon, and PS 7.01 does very well for most needs...

Now, if you are the type of individual who had to run out and buy Windows ME, simply because it was the latest upgrade, knock yourself out. Otherwise, you may be better off waiting until Adobe works the bugs out of their "new" Creative Suite...

No need to upgrade for me either.

It is because I bought full PS6 just before 7 came out that I now use 7, just because I got it for free. IMO, there wasn't a real need to upgrade to 7 at all. The dinosaur just got a tad bigger. And the books I have are all for PS6.

16 bit? I can import in 16bit LAB from my scanner (having done nearly all corrections in the scansoft), and in 7 I can use Levels and Curves.

The rest can be handy, but I wouldn't spend that amount of money on a plug in that could do the same things either.

And as far as the suite is concerned: I am told that in the future, you'll need to upgrade the suite itself, not the individual progs separately.

MsOZ: thanks for mentioning that secret thingie. Always had the feeling something was wrong rom the first moment...

(PSD) Sergiy

Before there wasn`t any Internet Conection, people used to call (MACAP) otherwise Major Appliance Consumer Action Panel ... \:]
In todays time the most -Internet Advanced Shoping System-, is found on www.eBay.com. I got my PS7 from there.
If you choose to buy a Photoshop on www.eBay.com, you have to be realy carefull. Follow the Comparison Shoping or compare prices or products.
Once you bought something on eBay, you canno`t Revoke it, becouse there is mass of Fraud prosicuted :) :B

yeah i guess you're right.

but damn i wish i could get free copies of ps.

Back