What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which part of this image look photoshopped?

egichu10

Done cropping image and paste in onto a new background.
Please help me with your feedback.
I want to make it as natural as possible.Darmawan Full.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi egichu 10
Actually the image looks pretty good and nothing caught my eye immediately other that what appears to be marks on both of the gentlemen's hands (that may be natural yet they caught my eye). Also on his right hand (left side of image) the palm behind the fingers looks pretty big yet that could be natural too.

The lighting looked actually pretty good yet his left arm (on right side of image) casts a shawdow on his body yet there is no associated lighting on his face. I don't think this is from Photoshop yet when you see a shadow produced on somehting it shoudl consistently prodcue a shadow on other elements including the background in most cases. Again, I think the image would be a go.

I did note that the image is not very sharp yet consistent with the rest of the image so does not look photoshopped from that standpoint.

Great job.

To identify Photoshopped areas that are not visible to the eye, I ddi a little forensics pulling out Hue, Sat1, and Sat2 channels and put them alongside the original below. It indicated the arms and under the chin were highly uniform relative to the rest of the image indicating likely adjustments yet the eye does not catch those since it is most sensitive to luminosity changes.

I left the image at full resolution of your original so you can zoom in to help you find areas that might need some work.

Hope this information is of some value to you

John Wheeler (aka thebestcpu)

Darmawan-Full-PS-reveal.jpg

egichu10

Hi egichu 10
Actually the image looks pretty good and nothing caught my eye immediately other that what appears to be marks on both of the gentlemen's hands (that may be natural yet they caught my eye). Also on his right hand (left side of image) the palm behind the fingers looks pretty big yet that could be natural too.

The lighting looked actually pretty good yet his left arm (on right side of image) casts a shawdow on his body yet there is no associated lighting on his face. I don't think this is from Photoshop yet when you see a shadow produced on somehting it shoudl consistently prodcue a shadow on other elements including the background in most cases. Again, I think the image would be a go.

I did note that the image is not very sharp yet consistent with the rest of the image so does not look photoshopped from that standpoint.

Great job.

To identify Photoshopped areas that are not visible to the eye, I ddi a little forensics pulling out Hue, Sat1, and Sat2 channels and put them alongside the original below. It indicated the arms and under the chin were highly uniform relative to the rest of the image indicating likely adjustments yet the eye does not catch those since it is most sensitive to luminosity changes.

I left the image at full resolution of your original so you can zoom in to help you find areas that might need some work.

Hope this information is of some value to you

View attachment 80739
That's right.
You pointed out the over processed parts precisely.
I did made a little bit too much processing on the neck and both hands though.

What should i do to make it looks less processed on the neck and both hands?
Like what tools or tricks do i need?

Also i did cast a shadow on the back?
Does that look convincing enough?

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
The only thing that really stood out to me was the hands have marks on them. Here is an example on one of the hands:

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 10.56.56 PM.png

Any other changes is really just a preference e.g.

1) He has a lapel microphone - Is that desired?
2) The focus looks a bit soft, this could be adjusted if necessary to appear a bit sharper
3) I typically prefer a slightly higher contrast image and or increasing the clarity through the Camera Raw Filter yet this too is only personal choice.

Other than the hands, my first impressions were that this image was not Photoshopped.

Best wishes on your project

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In addition to what's already been pointed out, for me, even though you did a fantastic job, the head still looked as though it was replaced. As John mentioned earlier, I can attribute my observation to the difference in lighting between the body/torso and the added head. I also think that the hair selection does not appear natural. The hair appears to be a little darker than any of the other dark areas of the image.

I agree with John in that I think your focus is a bit too soft. I feel like it's desaturated and needs some contrast. I prefer the sharpness, color, and contrast of the original uniform.
Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 1.13.00 AM.png

egichu10

Which part looks photoshoped and please kindly give advice on how to make it more natural.

(New edit!)

Iwan Darmawan Full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Argos

Guru
If i have to say something i said the head, but only because you ask and i'm trying to hard to look for something photoshoped XD, if is the case is a really good montage.

The reasons for what i said the head will be maybe the cut is too much perfect and just a little it too blury and the quality on the face it's maybe a little bit better than the rest of the picture.

If i'm wrong i blaming it to the lack sleep XD.

CHeers!

egichu10

If i have to say something i said the head, but only because you ask and i'm trying to hard to look for something photoshoped XD, if is the case is a really good montage.

The reasons for what i said the head will be maybe the cut is too much perfect and just a little it too blury and the quality on the face it's maybe a little bit better than the rest of the picture.

If i'm wrong i blaming it to the lack sleep XD.

CHeers!
By the head which part does you mean?
Hair, face? XD

Yes it looks almost the same but it isn't.

NewDarmawan Full.jpg

OK, You are right. I now gave it a thorough check. I layed the old an the new image on top of each other.

1 On the arms and hands you changed the lighting and the color. You retouched the spots on the fingers. Generally this looks more natural.
2 In these parts I can see smudges. They do not look very convincing.
3 You shrunk the whole person a bit. This looks more natural.
4 You adjusted the hair to a lighter grey color. Good.
5 You changed the shirt color to a more greenish tint and applied some unsharp masking. Looks good.
6 New background and cropping of the image.

You improved the result to some point, and nothing actually looks 'photoshopped'.

egichu10

View attachment 81970

OK, You are right. I now gave it a thorough check. I layed the old an the new image on top of each other.

1 On the arms and hands you changed the lighting and the color. You retouched the spots on the fingers. Generally this looks more natural.
2 In these parts I can see smudges. They do not look very convincing.
3 You shrunk the whole person a bit. This looks more natural.
4 You adjusted the hair to a lighter grey color. Good.
5 You changed the shirt color to a more greenish tint and applied some unsharp masking. Looks good.
6 New background and cropping of the image.

You improved the result to some point, and nothing actually looks 'photoshopped'.
Wow thx for the thorough checking.

Many thx guru :D

egichu10

I want to change the facial expression a little bit.
Just a little bit not to drastically change it.
Not necessarily make a smile or whatsoever.
Just make it less intense and more relaxed.
Maybe something's got to do with the frowning but feel free to do the job.
Thx in advance.Satria Darmawan 2.jpg

Ekmeh

The chin, especially the bottom of the chin, it looks like there's alot of light there or something.