What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White-eye problem?

esto4

With Photoshop Guru's Forum help I am able to correct red-eye using
Photoshop 7.
Now I need help with white-eye correction. Namely, when I take flash pictures of our dog I get a white-eye -- looks like an outer space dog.
Can anyone help me how to correct this?

wbiss

Guru
;) Yes esto4, ... we "humans" are subject to the (flash) red eye effect whereas our beloved pets are subject to the "white eye" effect. [confused] I don't know which is worse, but they're both the same inasmuch as those same red eye correction techniques that you've learned can be applied to the "white eye" effect. ;)

As I don't know *exactly* what technique you're using (there are many and everyone has their own), just remember to make your adjustments on separate layers.

G

Go to Image/Adjustments/Replace color...
Works great for every eye. Make sure that you select the eye first with the Elliptical Marquee Tool, use Feather.

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: Simple and effective... thanks for the reminder Gauss! Great example here too! ;)

esto4

Gaussian you wrote -- Go to Image/Adjustments/Replace color...
but what now? I didn't see any colors to use for replacement.
Help some more.

Yutosi

Power User
wbiss said:
;) Yes esto4, ... we "humans" .

I thought wendy gonna say: we are humans after all, there comes a time we don't know how to solve a Photoshop problem..ha ha ha

Ammar

wbiss

Guru
Ammaro:
I thought wendy gonna say: we are humans after all, there comes a time we don't know how to solve a Photoshop problem..ha ha ha

;) That too Ammar! :rofl: