What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White line on Mockup appearing

oodya

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help please? I have a design in Illustrator which I am looking to 'place' within my Photoshop mockup. The design is a seamless floral pattern. However, when I am placing it in my mockup, a white line is appearing (looks to be in the exact same position where the two seamless files meet).

I have checked the positioning of the top floral file and the bottom part of the top image, looks to be in the exact same position as the top section for the bottom file.

On Illustrator, the file looks absolutely fine with no white lines.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

seamless background - white line.jpg

Hi!
The ideal would be that you send the original file to better judge.

Hello,

Thank you for your responses. I checked out the above link and I do not have fractional pixels.

I have attached the file if someone can check and assist.

Thank you,

Attachments

• blue-floral-invite.ai
    16.6 MB · Views: 15
Hi @oodya
I was not able to load the file completely because it contains linked files on your computer.

It provides another clue to your issue though. This link file appears to be a JPEG file which is pixel information and not vector information. This might be part of your problem. See the warning message I had upon trying to open:

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 10.49.25 AM.jpg

Also, here is the Layer Stack in Adobe Illustrator indicating where this JPEG file is in use:

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 10.46.45 AM.jpg

The JPEG file may be the root of the problem yet I do not know not having access.

To include all of the files (including linked graphics) you need to use the Package Command and here is a link that describes the details:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/sharing-basics.html

I think that would be the next step.
Hope this helps make some progress
John Wheeler

ADDED COMMENT - Illustrator does have the capability to Trace raster files and create a vector file from them. That might be useful if you want pure vectors when pulling in raster images.

I've just downloaded the file
With my samsung
That is strange. I can see the image when downloading into Photoshop as raster yet not when bringing in to Illustrator. I will have track that issue down.
John Wheeler

Hi @oodya

Having the linked files included with the Illustrator Package Command would be helpful yet not necessary. If you want just solve this in Photoshop there is an easy way.

For some reason there is a stripe of partial transparency in the raster version of the image when opening it up in Photoshop as you have seen. Its not just a gap:

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 12.04.25 PM.jpg

To get rid of this partial transparency strip is pretty straitforwared
First we turn move the transparency to a Layer Mask by using the Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency command to move it over to the Layer Mask:

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 12.05.02 PM.jpg

If you option click (Alt click on PC) on the Layer Mask in the Layers Panel the partial transparency plainly shows up:

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 12.05.43 PM.jpg

Now all you have to do is right click on the Layer Mask and chose the option to Delete Layer Mask ane the problem is gone as in the following image:

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 12.06.22 PM.jpg

Now that does not explain the origins of that transparency stripe and that would need the full Packaged AI file to take a look.
Hope this is helpful
John Wheeler

hi
Here is the corrected Illustrator file
2023-02-12_06-20-44-985.png

Attachments

• blue-floral-invitation.ai
    3.4 MB · Views: 3

Back