What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Why can't I get this action to work!!!

Clementyne

I am trying to set up a batch convert action with the attached eps file (I'm trying to convert it to a jpeg) on my mac. I have tried to set this action up every which way to Sunday but can't get it to work. I have also tried every combination of "override actions" commands before running the batch.

Here's what happens:

1. Either all the files open but don't save or close
2. Or all the files LOOK like they are processing just fine, but they are all saved with the SAME file name because of the "name" in the action that is from the open command when opening the original pdf...can I take this out?

I have also tried opening the pdf before I create the action, but that doesn't work either.

I am attaching my current action so you can see what I mean about the name being automatically put in the action from when I opened the file to create the action in the first place.

Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 11.52.16 AM.jpg

Can anyone help me set up this action? I'm losing my mind over it! :cry:

Clem

Attachments

• 39212 MAIN .pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
the best way to convert these files is by using the image-processor

go to file >scripts> image-processor
1)you can select a folder for batch- converting
2)you can select an output-folder
3)you can choose for saving as a jpg and a quality

Thanks IBIS!

I'm curious, though......why wouldn't I just run a batch with an action....that's just how I've always done it, but this is MUCH BETTER!

Clem

Back