What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will anyone help me mimic these letters?

carolbarrel

Hi. I'd really appreciate some direction for making this style. It's out of my photoshop talent range! Can anyone out there help me out?

thank you,
Carrol

Attachments

• glowingletters.jpg
    glowingletters.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 23
I see inner glow, outer glow mostly plus a radial gradient lower layer.

wow, that is some site Stric9.

I agree with iDad Carol. Layer effects, gradient, strokes. If you have a particular use that you need help with post the text, your attempts and/or a description of what you want. Another effect you might want to try is taking a background picture that you would like to have come through the letters. To do this, move the picture layer above the type, Hold down the alt/option key and click on the line between the 2 layers. This will create a "clipping layer" and basically mask off the rest of the picture so all you see is the letter shapes. It's a fun technique if you haven't tried it. You could even choose your own kind of glow effect picture then add additional glow with the layer effect options.

Don't forget that you can create in Photoshop, and trace in Illustrator. A bit of a cheat, but as long as it works!
Not only that, but once you have done the text and what not in Illustrator, you can then transfer it to photoshop and and them kind of effects as a smart object.

Last edited:

Back