What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific windows and doors

gigik4ever

I am trying for a week now to put modern windows and doors to this photo, I watched a lot of tutorials on yt for them it looks easy and when i try to do it myself is like I am retarded, I only managaed to change the background, can anyone edit this for me please? :(

IMG-20230329-WA0011.jpg

Mod edit: Please see rules, thanks.

Only did one window at the bottom, real quickie job but is this sorta what you are after? I tried to add a reflection from the sky, all could be tweaked, just trying to see what you are looking for.

IF this is close, this is easy.

Crop out holes where you want new windows. I just went and found a photo of a window off some home improvement site that was roughly the same shape, used the distort transform tool to make it fit the angle of the building, used quick mask to block out each little square window so a reflection could be added. Used the clone tool to add a copy of part of the sky to the window then reduced that layer opacity to let the window glass show. (Hard to tell but I picked a window with rippled glass. Again much room for tweaking.)

windowreplace.jpg

Only did one window at the bottom, real quickie job but is this sorta what you are after? I tried to add a reflection from the sky, all could be tweaked, just trying to see what you are looking for.

IF this is close, this is easy.

Crop out holes where you want new windows. I just went and found a photo of a window off some home improvement site that was roughly the same shape, used the distort transform tool to make it fit the angle of the building, used quick mask to block out each little square window so a reflection could be added. Used the clone tool to add a copy of part of the sky to the window then reduced that layer opacity to let the window glass show. (Hard to tell but I picked a window with rippled glass. Again much room for tweaking.)

View attachment 136568
That looks good, thx, I need to do something like this to all the windows and doors but somehow i used the warp thing and is not fitting properly, i really need to finish this project tomorrow for my school and i have to change the stairs, the colors of the walls is really over my head, thx for the windows i will try to go from that and advance as much as i can

sounds like a fun project. Good way to experiment with different ways of doing things too. Hope you post your finished piece here.

This is fun.

I suspect the Web makes it look easy. Actually maybe it is but there is a lot of it :)
The most tedious part for me was finding a suitable door/window and cutting it out.

I'm curious. Is this a single family dwelling or is it intended to house a sizable portion of Vermont?

Windows-Doors in House_7.jpg

Last edited:
This is fun.

I suspect the Web makes it look easy. Actually maybe it is but there is a lot of it :)
The most tedious part for me was finding a suitable door/window and cutting it out.

View attachment 136571
Wow, that's amazing, indeed watching yt tutorials made it look easy, i already have the materials needed for doors and windows stairs and then decorative items like arcades and some greek arhitecture, the only hard thing for me is to adjust everything to blend it on, again it looks amazing you are a pro thumbs up

Hi!
I tried to make a render of your house with windows and handrails for my pleasure

Unfortunately the resolution is not good
House.jpg

Back