What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wishing Welles a Happy Retirement...

theKeeper

Guru
Anyone that would like to wish our newly retired MOD Squad member Welles a happy retirement... do so in this thread.

I'm not exactly sure how one retires from an internet forum.
It's sort of a la la land, nonplace and the people one meets there really aren't entities in the true sense of the word \:/ coming and going from this nonplace is akin to being in someones dream. Someone you know, but really don't, pops into a dream sequence every now and then and takes either a passive or active roll in the dream only to be replaced, with no notice, by someone else you know, but really don't. They're subjectively objective. You don't know what these people look like, their true fellings about anything, how old they are, whether they're male or female (there's a 'non person' I communicated with on a forum that, in my minds eye, was a woman. Turned out HE wasn't, but still, in my minds eye???). I guess what I'm saying is, although I'll miss Welles, I really don't know who I'll be missing. He was pleasant, very knowledgable and helpful. So that's Welles to me. Sorry to see him go.

Welles, I am happy to hear about your new projects, you did an awesome job as a moderator, truely setting new standards about kindness, patience, and above all, generosity!

Thanks for your dedication, Sir!

May you have fair winds and following seas in all your endeavors!

You're insights, humour, and knowledge will be sorely missed around here, on a daily basis. Hope to see you around from time to time. Thanks for your efforts. 8))

Now Mark, about that parking spot .... [innocent]

Thankyou Welles, and the best of luck to you. I'll sure miss you around here and all your kindness and generosity. You've always had the spirit to give freely without though of getting in return. All I can say more is thankyou for everything and God bless! 8)) 8)) 8))

*tiny crowd gets emotional*
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welles wish you all the best.
Thanks for all wonderful posts. 8))
Stop by sometime! ;) :perfect:

Sorry to see you go. You've been a good friend and you will be missed. Don't be a stranger, Welles.

Sorry to hear your are retiring Welles. Let us know what your new projects are and how your doing once in a while. You made me feel real comfortable here when I first joined.

Take Care

SnowDog

Wow. What can I say? You are awesome man. I am sorry to see that you will be leaving us, but very happy for you in the same respect. Your knowledge and expertise will definitely be missed here, and even though someone else may step in, you can't be replaced. Each of us brings an individual style and persona to this forum. You have been a teacher, advisor and forum friend. May God bless you in your future endeavors, and angels lift you up in your times of need.

Welles Hope you hang around long enough to receive my "good bye and fairwell" .? It has sure been fun hanging out with you and, speaking for myself of course, the space won't be the same without you!? :cry:

I didn't see the explanation on why you are retiring but I am sure you have a good reason.? Reason has always been one of your strong points (along with a gazillion other assets).? ?\:/

Bye bye old friend *waves sadly*
? ?

Welles, too bad for us that you're leaving, but cheers to you on whatever adventure you pursue, may you get everything out of life you hope for.

Have a Great one

Bob

All the best to you, buddy. You've been a big help to me and will be missed. Best of luck to you in whatever you do.

Lee

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

About a month ago I determined to create a new business. With that decision, my main creative focus switched (truly switched, as in flipping a switch to a new circuit) from the graphic arts to writing. Rather than just disappearing, I alerted Mark to that seachange by announcing my 'retirement.'

In the several years I've participated here at PSG, I've learned a great deal about Photoshop and beyond, being introduced to Vue d'Esprit, Terragen, and Xara products among others. As Ronmatt points out, we don't really know one another as actual people, nevertheless personalities do come across the internet, and I've enjoyed meeting all of you.

Cheers!
Welles

Welles that is wonderful.
Thank you for leting us know. I wish you have success and happines with new path in your life!

Best of luck with the new venture Welles. I'm sure your Photoshop skills will still come in handy - after all, writing needs publishing, publishing needs presentation and layout, and presentation and layout need Photoshop! (sorta)

8D Best wishes to you, Welles, for 2006 and beyond!!! 8D

Life is an adventure to savor. New paths just lead to more interesting and wonderous things.

Your talents, wit and wisdom have been refreshing here.

Of the many people I've met on forums you are someone I wish I could have really known in person.
I will miss you. :cry:

Be Happy! :D
---Maya

Welles, we do hope that, even though you are moving to a different creative avenue, you will still check in with us from time to time (after all, what's writing without pictures). :D

You've left such an indelible mark here at PsG. We always wish you the greatest success in any path you choose.

Back