What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Anyone Be Willing to Help? Koozie Design Issue

Hi all...Stumbled on the forums here, looks like a great place for me to learn how to use PS. I am a complete novice to all things PS and just got it recently.

I am on a deadline and need some help. My son won our annual pageant last October, called Czhilispiel, Little Mister. We've had a full year of parades and different events, and it's drawing near for the next event, and he will have to pass the title on to the next winner.

The pageant court has decided to get koozies made to hand out at the parade, and has left the work up to me, not sure how that happened but it's done. I've come up with a decent design for the koozie, and we are working with the printing place to get them done, but I am just not sold on it, it needs some work to make it really stand out from all of the past years.

Basically the printing place sees that I have done most of the work, and their artist doesn't really want to do anything further, and I (and some of the other court members) want a little more out of it.

The queen from the pageant court will be the final say so on the design.

I have 2 images, one that I made, and the other one is a slightly modified version of that, from the printing place that is making the koozies.

The first image lacks uniformity, with the peppers at the bottom cartoony, whilst the images of the cowboy hat and crown are more realistic. The font colors are mostly made up of the colors of the court, red, yellow and green, but I think it could be cleaner, with better style.

The second image is just a change of the cowboy hat and crown to a different version of them, that are used to make the magnets we used for all of the parades this year. But the colors are different, and make the whole image just seem off, and flat.

What the girls would like, is to maybe use the first image and clean up the font and colors to make it look a little better/cleaner/more professional, and maybe change the peppers for more realistic looking peppers for consistency throughout the picture.

The second one, with the other crown and hat, we would like a rework of the font/text to match the color and style of the crown and hat, more bubbly.

Then the girls would pick between the two.

So who can help me, and help me quickly? I will upload the psd file and images, and answer any questions that anyone has...and maybe someone can tell me why she sends me the files in pdf format? Thanks!

Please let me know if anyone can help with this, the printing place needs 2 weeks to get them made, so I have to submit the design within the next couple of days.

venb.png

tirg.png

I guess I can't edit the first post...but this is what the girls are leaning towards, based off of their input...I'm still not sold, but meh not up to me...

kfag.png

I have done three koozies this year and looking at your art I can offer some tips; the outer glows on your text like 2012-2013 didn't turn out well for me... looking at your art I am guessing they did sublimation and not screen printing which is limited to a few imprint colors and solid colors but they look better. In the future I now only get them screen printed and not sure about your local place but the ones I got from http://www.expressimprint.com/Custom/custom-koozies they fixed the art for me.

Ok. I went ahead and played around with it and this is what I came up with.

CZCourt3.jpg

First thing I did was bring everything away from the border. I just learned this in class. You need to make sure that you have a buffer around the art work. This way there is some working room for the machines to grab the item being printed on. I just eyed it the best I could.

Secondly I rearranged the wording at the top and dropped the outer glow from the years. To me with the "40th" in between the years and the event name, it made it too confusing. Now you read it you know right off the bat it's the 40th Flatonia Czhilispiel Court for the years of 2012-2013.

Before you take this to the printer call them and ask them which file format they would prefer artwork in. The reason I bring this up is because you might not have to have the black background. If the Koozie is black, there is no need for a black background. After they tell you what file format to use, save a copy on to a USB drive. Also include the a copy of the PSD file AND the font file you used for the text on the USB drive. That way if they need to make any corrections they can do it without having to wait for you to bring them the files.

I hope this helps.

PS-Unless your printer told you to use a different resolution, printing resolution is only 300dpi. 600dpi is probably too big.

Last edited:

Back