What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrapping a 2D jpeg/layer around a 3D object (using CS6)

jayne

Hi, hope you can help. I'm new to 3D but managed to create a cylinder shape for a tea product. I've designed a body label separately, and now trying to find out how to wrap this layer (or jpeg) around the 3D shape using CS6. I also have lid and base labels in separate layers, so 3 labels in total.

I've searched tutorials and only find ways using the warp tool on, I guess, already rendered and static images.

Thanks.

jayne

Thanks Sam, I'm working on it now... going to go 'nuts' if I can't figure it out! ;-) Btw, I think these videos are using more textures which can be patched if distorted after placement which may not be the case with my jpeg (it's not a pattern and incorporates text and graphical elements ), but I'm getting to understand a bit more about it to hopefully figure it out. If you know of any more videos please let me know. Thanks again.