What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You have to start somewhere

Ken-n-AZ

Greetings.
After chasing my tail for a couple of days, I thankfully discovered this forum. I am a new user of photoshop and my goal is to understand and utilize Ps as a tool in graphic design. My interest started when I began creating unique and humorous greeting cards to send to my children and friends. Most of the cards were done using the cut and paste method using Google images and MS Word. It's time I graduate from kindergarten as my ideas have outpaced the use of Elmer's glue and Crayolas. I now want to create a line of funny and artistic cards as well as design logos and posters for our band. I have a mid-2011 iMac with a High Sierra OS. I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and am using Ps CC 2017 and Ai. I signed up for video lessons w/ Udemy. I choose the Graphic Design Bootcamp series by Derrick Mitchell. I tried to follow along but trying to watch his video and working with Ps is daunting. I am missing the finer points (his cursor movements/selections) because my having to split the screen made the images too small to follow. I think getting a good beginner's book for Ps and Ai to use that in conjunction with the video lessons might be helpful. Any and all suggestions are most welcome.
Peace, Ken-n-AZ

Ken-n-AZ

After looking through the book reviews on the subjects I decided to go with Faulker's manuals for Ps CC and Ai CC.