What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young to old transformation

cz-

Hello people!

Newbie in this forum, but oldie with photoshop :)

One question only. .I'm looking for a tutorial I read in computerarts some time ago (perhaps a year or so). In this tutorial they took an image of a young woman, and aged her by 30-40 years or so.. I'm looking for this tutorial because I don't really remember the exact details.. Anyone seen something like this? Computer Arts has removed a lot of tutorials from their website for some reason..

Grateful for any help. Thanks!
btw. Great site! Got it through www.good-tutorials.com.

Hi cz- and welcome to the forum! :)

[confused] It would seem that Computer Arts has taken down that tutorial as the bookmark that I had for it doesn't exist anymore http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/type/tutorial.asp?id=32516 [upset] [upset] [upset]

Yeah, the link that Welles provided will give you some insight. It's basically a matter of blending "old features" with the new features.

As I recall, the tutorial that you are looking for supplied a picture of an old man or woman and the various elements of that source picture were worked into the "young" picture. You can easily locate good source pics yourself and, using your knowledge of PS, work these into your target image. ;)

This was done quite a while ago, "just for fun" (for our fodder thread). It's by no means great and entailed some "lousy" painting skills. It was an attempt to "age" my son... :rofl:

yey

Thanks guys!

When I got the picture of the old man downloaded, I actually made it...

Nice work btw. Wendy! :)

(Please disregard the hair... A pretty poor attempt from my side }:\ )

:perfect: You did an awesome blending job cz-! I like the way that you've only aged 1/2 the face to show the comparison. :}

Back