What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

Hey Gidget that engine looks great!!! Man-o-man i wonder how fast a car with that in it could run? :D :D

Hey, thanx Geoff :)

this is but just a doodle to see how I would fair in this direction... yae, now I need to do a bit more study of some reference material... :)

Need this part, well, actually will box out a new and improved motor for a scene I am now going to attempt... it will power some other parts I have in mind... haha, just wait and see, I hope you all will get a kick out of it...

tight lipped regarding anymore... [shhh] [shhh] :rofl: :rofl:

ps, may take a while :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, good stuff Alistair & Gidgit! :perfect:

Gidgit: Need this part, well, actually will box out a new and improved motor for a scene I am now going to attempt... it will power some other parts I have in mind... haha, just wait and see, I hope you all will get a kick out of it..
:D Oooooooohhhhhhh.... can't wait Gidgit!

This isn't working! After im done in ps, I import it, and it goes behind, so you don't see any changes! This is making me mad, I really need to get these models done... gidget, do you know what I am doing wrong??? [stuned]

Holy Smokes Al... it's like I missed a whole segment of this thread or something, .... and with it, the point in time whereby you got hit on the head with the 3D hammer... :D :D :D my reply after this post was on this new page and I didn't look back one page

Hey, right on and congrats Al.... you have got it man... you be a modeler... the rest is just practice and all about seeing things... your imagination... which btw, looks pretty durn good here :D

You must be very happy, I know I was/am... I mean there ya are one week, pulling a vert and ending up with spikey objects taking over the screen, and then.... flight... real fun flight... and just look at ya... you thought ole Gidge here was a fast modeler, and then you come along and same same.... and each one a masterpiece in it's own right ... what a beautiful day for another 3D artist 3D flight in real for the first time... it just doesn't get any better than this moment, I mean there will be cooler worx coming from yas for sure, but... you will always remember these first objects of purpose done the night you took flight... see, I knew you could do it, saw it in some of the curves ya put in that car of yous... those alone suggested that you could see in 3D and that the rest was simply a matter of time... fun eh ? I am very happy for you Alistair... I know how breaking through that little (huge) barrier feels... and there is nothing quite like it eh ? Yahaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo for you Alistair... 8) 8} 8} you :B :B you.... :perfect: :perfect: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Wendy... thanks for the words of support here for us both... you are very kind and in my case here, very very patient ;) ;) :D ... and really know just how to feed the encourament to your members here... and it really makes a huge difference... it's nice :) :D :D

Now then, the UV thing.... haha, everyonce in a while I get the same message as well... and I have only used this UV Mapping but a few times myself, a couple with success, and a couple without... I will spend some time on it a bit later in the day and get back to you on this with something for sure... ok

This is the very topic which many forum members throughout the global 3D community are attempting to grasp right now... there are ton's of us newer, just got it, modelers out there :) It's wild really.. :)

Yup, UV Mapping with Wings3D, C4D, Maya, and the like, is a very hot topic these days.... anybody here who has UV Mapping experience care to try it with Wings... I would be more than happy to provide the basics in app use here so as you could quickly get right to the mapping tools.... thus you would be better able to show us newbies how to go about it utilizing PS and Wings.... PS and C4D.... quick folks, here's a chance to show what ya know, while learning something new in the process :D :D

anyways, I will get back to you Al... and hey... congrats eh... 8} 8} :perfect: :perfect: :rofl: [oops]

thanks gidget :) Hey, when doing that uv thing... Im at a school comp right now so im not to sure what im saying here... but there are two options to lay out the stuff. Which one do I choose? Thanks agian [excited] :) - Alistair

Excitement, enthusiasm, persistence and (alas) success!!!! [excited] [excited] [excited] ... Whether it's a new PS, 3D or any other artistic/creative 'venture', I support and applaud! 8) 8) 8)

Gidgit, you're so very patient here... and more than kind with your remarks. I can feel your own satisfaction and sense of pride at having had a "big hand" in helping Alistair to come this far! And, oh man... doesn't that feel good! ;) Kudos guru! :perfect:

[shhh] And the irony is (as you've no doubt found out), you're pushed to do even more as far as your own personal learning curve is concerned!

ehh, I dont know, wings kicks... really! But it starts to really slow down itself and my whole comp like when I get around 17,468 verticies, 34,944 edges, 17,472 faces, and 7 objects? That's just an example.. it really starts slowing down a bit before those details. So, would you consider 34,944 edges to much.. and the other stuff to much? Because A lot of stuff im messing around with in Wings is that or higher.. and its bugging me that it's going slow. BTW, take a look at my stats before you talk much more about speed... because I think 320 mb of ram. ;) Is there a way to utilize virtual memory and speed up things a bit more?

Ahh, the bottom of this cup is really being a &i%(^! The bottom of it I cant get working really good. Well, since uv mapping is not working for me right now, I coloured to at least make it look "nicer" ;) : (btw, I totally scewed my mouse... I dropped water everywhere, all over my cordless keyboard and cordless optical mouse... so my keyboard works, but my mouse doesn't. The image is so small cause im useing my bros mac mouse on this pc and it only hase one click... like all mac mouses... and it doesn't use a scroller which I use to zoom... and i cant find out how to zoom [oops] ):

Hi All... Yea, Wings bogs down on larger models... damn erlang, because if you take the model into another app using D3D or what have ya everything works fine... oh well, for me it is only a hobby so I doubt I will need too much, though yas never knows :)

um, one button... darn it Al, I really don't know about this... I will have ta get back to you on this one... though don't hold your breath... hey, you can pick up a mouse for 15.oo eh :D ... I mean I won't go out and buy a new machine yet but if my mouse went down then yea... the hobby is worth a bit here and there :D

happy creat'n all

I'm ganna fix this da%% mouse... and if it doesn't get fixed... hahaha!!! Its ganna be in its last misery... meet the sledge hammer I store in my garage you worthless thing!!! HAHAHA [sly] [stuned] So, im ganna try to fix this thing, open it up, clean everything up, even if its not moist... and Ill clean the connectors (the coils that touch the batteries), and make sure that they show shine and theres no rust on them (i know what im a doing ;) ). If it still doen't work, I'll buy another cordless optical for 20 or so... now im using this new e-machines cord ball (no laser) mouse, and I'm trying to make art, and this thing is driving me INSANE!!!! it skips it bogles, it does everything.. they dang thing wont hold still!!! :D Well, wish me luck on fixing that mouse ;) off to photoshop... Im trying to recover the piece of art I just posted in my portfolio in the show off section. :( [stuned] - Alistair

good luck eh... hehe... you are such a card there Al... :)

I knows what yas mean re-bumpy mice... but since getting a Wacom digipad, things have gotten much smoother :)

here's my latest boxed out doodle... screwed up the math and thus it didn't turn out the way I was thinking of, but... still pretty neat to understand how cool box modeling can be... I will do up another in more of a tut like manner, but still need to figure out a few things... hehe.. but in the mean time here's the doodle... :D

and... I figured out what I did wrong here... see how the pipe fits to the seat stem area... looks welded which is what we were after, but where the bars fit to the front sort of took off when smoothed thus don't look welded in that area, but rather as one... well... before you bridge between two areas be sure to extrude each face first, then all will turn out as planned... I will post an example as soon as I can to illustrate this further... ... :D

now I knows I need more practice... when they have ta ask what it is :D :rofl: :rofl: [confused] :rofl: it's a bike frame Al... ah man hehe

Hahaha!!!! :rofl: Ya know, I might of seenm it take shape if you had the seat on there... then i'd know what it is ;) :D [stuned] :rofl: It looks better than anything I could do gidget! :perfect: Keep up the great work!!!

haha, you are no doubt but playing possum there Al, and are probably working on a masterpiece that will put my piddly doodles to shame :D

I am trying a couple simple but very handy methods when extruding... will get back to you soon on these... man... there are so many little basics that have to be covered to prevent stuff from happening which yas didn't want to happen... it's like going to school all over again... sometimes it's ok, and sometimes it's a chore... but I think these real basic things are always good to keep in the corner of you mind...

be right back :)

take a look at the pic here and tell me what it illustrates...

{edited}

This simply illustrates that when boxing out a pipe like shape, that when simply extruding the lengths from the cube, or doing a direct bridge between cubes, upon smoothing the connecting corners flair the mesh in these areas... but if you put a segment between the cube and the length, either through extruding or cuttin and connecting the edges and then moving closer along the axis... then things smooth tighter to the corners with out such pronounced flair... :)

- pop one cube out
- select whole cube and scale>uniform to make it smaller so as you can view more objects as they are made...
- select object, duplicate along y and move mouse right...
- select both, hit object icon, duplicate along x or z
- select the two faces of each cube where they will join all at once, and extrude a small segment...
- now deselect all, select one face on one cube newly extruded portion, and the corresponding face on another cube and bridge... do the same untill things look like this "toilet bowl" hahaha

then smooth once, twice and see it round out...

Back