What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

good one Al... hahaha

naw, I posted the responce back up with the pick so you could follow it better being closer to the pic... :)

sounds like a lot, but it is really easy to remember after ya try it a couple of times....

Great work, guidance, instruction and (above all else) patience, :perfect: gidgit! You've got a captive student in Alistair, for sure, and one who seems to be keeping you on your toes! :) ;)

I doubt that Al... from what I have seen from you guys, you are all flying right along and it is me who is faltering here :D :D

either and or, we are all in this together, so push those poly's around and floor us ok?

To give you an example here Alister, I am but working on a tut for a toaster today, and I go to a 3D forum to check some things out and wosers... there is some work posted by a guy who is/was not much further along than I was... now this guy is flying way higher than where I have even thought of going, in the way of creating really cool detail etc... holy moly, and here I am struggling with a power cord from the back of a stink'n toaster.... hahaha... naw, it doesn't bother me, but rather it inspires me because I see what he is doing and it jogs more ideas... hey man, this is but the begining of the road for all of us here, least ways most.... I mean it is one thing to pop out some lathed chess piece, but a totaly different story when it comes to building nice meshed models eh...

to which, we are doing it... all of us, sure a bit slower than some, but hey, without trying we get no where's at all... on the other hand, the more we practice, the better we will become... :)

hang in there Al, infact pass man, and keep going... :D

Cord??? [confused] Do you mean like this one here that I just made? I'm not ganna tell you exactly how i made it (because I forget!!!), but I will give you a hint for making a good coord. Make a spiral Torus, and erase (delete) half of it off. Select the structure after you've done that, and do scale.y (i think... or is it z???). Anyways, after you do a bit on it, it will come out looking like a cord... that is after you have the plug sorted out. The metal things on the plug, I just couldn't get a square with a hollow square size in the middle of it [stuned] [oops] Well, thanks for the inspiration and all gidg. That car is being a pain in the a** and I wish I'd never of started it!!! [oops] But one you start, you gotta finish. I wonder if that thing will ever work for me [stuned]

Good work there Alistair! :perfect:

haha, right on Al... nice looking cord... :) ya know.... your method of choosing a torus is not that far away from another discussion I was having somewhere regarding making primitive extrudables, likened to the matrix extrude found in C4D, only with a wider variety of preset shapes to choose from... would make the whole process a breaze.. :)

good job choosing the shape man... and hey, just select the whole front end of the plug here, then connect the dots to bring those poly's from the plug sides to a close... extrude out a few on the newly connected end as a region, and voila...

right on Al... :perfect:

i thought id post a lanscape i made this weekend in terragen
snowy.jpg

i hope u like it guys ;\

geez, this is very nice there 11... very nice indeed... makes a person want to test that there app... now then ... I needs a landscape for a dune buggy... any takers?

hey cool stuff there folks... shimmerring :D

Al... here is a plug extruded out form the cube... what do ya think? modeled in Wings, rendered in C4D... it ain't perfect by a long shot, but... zoom out and add it to the feature toaster and nobody would ever care so long as it sort of looks like the part...ya know :D :D

WOW. It aint perfect by a long shot.. gidg, shut up and stop trying to make yourself seem imperfect because you are perfect when it comes to 3d!!!! [doh] :D :D :p :p I need to get CD4!!! How exactly does cd4 allow you to do to the cord?

I posted but ya beat me to it... going to have a look now... :)

haha, Alister, you have such enthusiasm... which is a good thing :D

All the modeling done in Wings there Al... I use C4D to hyperdivide (smooth) once in a while, but mostly, I use C4D to color things and render... I mean you still color in Wings... but more so for selection purposes and to break things up by color to work with when importing as a .obj file into C4D...

Keep pushing those poly's around Al... pretty soon you will be leaving this old dude in the dust... :D

and the reason I was asking for a landscape for a dune buggy is this pic here... this is some fooling around with making cube pipe shapes then smoothing when the shape is finished...

here's how to make a cube pipe shaped cube... you take things from there to make your buggy, or table or what have ya... yell when you are ready to add wheels... :D

pop a cube on screen... select the body icon ( the all red pyramid on the far right ) ... select cube object, right click and scale>uniform down so the cube ends up about a quarter inch big... yes, a small cube...choose duplicate>z and then move your mouse right or left and watch the new cube slide along the axis...

now select both cubes, duplicate >x

now select the four and duplicate along >y

space your cubes even as possible by eye...

hit the spacebar to deselect, then hit "f" or the face icon... now select those faces which are opposite to each other and which when added to will close the cube square frame.

that would be three faces per cube right?

now when all 24 faces are selected, right click and Extrude>normal... and only extrude a tad... say an eighth of an inch... now you have these extrudes popping out on those 24 faces...

now... deselect, and choose the opposite faces which will close to make up a pipe when filled in... right click and choose bridge...notice a bar is complete...now bridge the rest two by two... you should now have a cube frame sitting in front of you...

here's the thing... the reason we extruded first instead of just bridging from the git go is... this extrude stops the influence from going to the bridge when smoothing... the tighter the edgeloop of the extrude is to the corner, the tighter the inside radius of the square pipe frame will be upon smoothing... without this extrude, when you smoothed just a bridged square the inside radius would flair towards the center thus not leaving nice pipe look... so extrude before bridging when making those pipe frames eh... I find that an eighth of an inch or less makes just a tiny flair where the pipes join, thus looking like pipes connected eh play around with this distance and let us know your findings...

remember to make the whole structure in cube bar form before smoothing to round pipe like results... two or three smoothes from the cube shape will give you some pretty nice pipes... and remember those extrude>normals eh ...

looking forward to viewing some dune buggies real soon so get at er folks... haha, just joking, but yea... enjoy ok.... I wonder how many pipe like objects one could come up with... ? :D

Great images _11th_FOOL and Shaun! :perfect: :perfect:

Gidgit...tres cool! B7 You just whip these things up in no time! [stuned] You continue to inspire the 3-D artists in training here and I continue to admire your dedication and devotion to the topic of learning/teaching same! :perfect: :perfect:

Nice work, guys. What that does is make me realize how much learning I STILL have to do. Each time I think I know so much I'm brought back to reality quickly. [sleepy]

Okay, back to work for me. ;)

gidgit ... that looks neat ... might see if I can get Anim8or to do that :D

Gidgit tell me what u had in mind for the dessert landscape to look like a bit more then ill give it a shoot and see if u like it or not :perfect: im really new to terragen just got it 2 weeks ago but i got to much time on my hands so id like to give it a shoot :D

I am just starting this reply and really have to scoot out... so...

Talk to you all in about an hour or so... :D

Back