What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing background colours

MadMart

Hey,

I'm looking to get some t-shirts printed with various images, but the problem is the background colour of some of the better images I've found don't mesh with available fabric colours, so ... editing needed.

Trouble is, I'm not confident enough or experienced enough with Photoshop to do the editing as is, so any advice to a frustrated n00b would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,

-MadMart

Editting in what sense?

If its a change of background, isolate the main image you want with the lasso tool and delete the background. Or use the eraser tool to directly erase the BG.

What PS version are you on? And how well do you know PS?

OK, here goes:

First question - re: the lasso tool, the image is quite complex so I'm not sure if that would be an efficient way of doing the job, ditto the eraser, as even at the smallest eraser size, I might end up removing half of what I wanted to keep. I'll have a crack at it like that, tho' ... nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Currently on CS4 as part of Creative Suite Master, and the last time I used PS properly was nearly five years ago at university, so ... yeah ...

EDIT: While I'm here, I meant to ask ... is it possible to take a JPEG and convert it to a layered image at all? if not it's no big, I'll figure the problem out.

Take it slowly.....

Yes , its possible to make a layered image.... open the jpg in PS and just double click the background layer and the new layer window will popup.... click OK.... viola... a psd layer file.... save as a .psd file....

Back