What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Copy Merged layer ?

objet

Hi

I am new in Photoshop version CS5
I am trying to copy some different layer and merged to new image.
Without successful.

I add attachment for example.
I try to merged two layer
| layer is blue color
|| layer is purple color

I selected the two layer by arrow mouse
And I go to menu edit Copy Merged but this feature is not enabled.

After this I should type ctrl + n and past the Copy Merged.

Thx

Attachments

• ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi objet

Welcome to PSG

The tricky part is, to make the "Copy merged" command work is, before using the command, you must have something selected on your document other ways it wont work.

Also if working only whit layers "not layer mask or clipping masks"you could select the layer to be merged using the "Shift" key or the "Crtl" key, and then press "Alt+Shift+E" and it will create a merged copy, whit only those selected layers.

Hope this helps

I think your problem is your actually working with adjustment layers where the effect effects the whole layer you need to apply the adjustment or rasterize it first if all else fails hide all the layers except for the 1s that you want to merge that way you just right click 1 and say merge all visible. I am not 100% sure about the adjustment layers and merging but recalled having similar problems or undesired effects etc

Hi,
First Thx for replay.:lol:
I selected the two layers and I typed Alt+Shift+E but it is not working.
Also I merged the two layers but I can't enable copy them as you can see in the Picture attachment.
It is very frustrating.
Did Photoshop can't do that?

Attachments

• merged layers Copy Merged disble2.JPG
    merged layers Copy Merged disble2.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
  • merged layers Copy Merged disble.JPG
    merged layers Copy Merged disble.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 0

Back