What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration work on older, actually, to me, ancient photographs.

knarf

Here is one I posted on another thread earlier it wasn't quit completed yet but I received some very helpful info from other members. They are not perfect but from what I had to work with they came out OK. By the way I did receive a "Place name" map from my Sister so now I know whom I'm looking at in the picture.:lol:
1904 Johnston Thanksgiving B4 edit.jpg1904 Johnston Thanksgiving meal.jpg

Last but not least is one that really had me pulling my hair out before I was done. As you can see I left some of the detail out that I felt added nothing to the picture. In other words I got lazy. This was my first attempt at working with more than one layer and freely transforming selections to get the mans arms, legs and other missing features in place.:cool2:

A.A johnston  store B4 edit.jpgA.A. Johnston store front_2.jpg

Comments are alway welcome!:cheesygrin:

Nice job knarf

On the first image you could play a bit whit levels adjustment layer, to increase a bit the shadows so you can distinguish the shapes a bit better, also some selective sharpening on the people's shapes, faces, and some details won't hurt.

Keep it up.

gohan2091

Power User
Here is one I posted on another thread earlier it wasn't quit completed yet but I received some very helpful info from other members. They are not perfect but from what I had to work with they came out OK. By the way I did receive a "Place name" map from my Sister so now I know whom I'm looking at in the picture.:lol:
View attachment 10183View attachment 10184

Last but not least is one that really had me pulling my hair out before I was done. As you can see I left some of the detail out that I felt added nothing to the picture. In other words I got lazy. This was my first attempt at working with more than one layer and freely transforming selections to get the mans arms, legs and other missing features in place.:cool2:

View attachment 10182View attachment 10185

Comments are alway welcome!:cheesygrin:

I think you done a really good job on both images. I am not sure if I could do a better job myself, I would assume no but haven't tried for long. A few things.... on the 2nd picture, the right side of the left window could be improved, I see a cloned object in the window, and the window is missing it's wooden frame. I also see a repeating clone pattern on the large bag object below this window. There is a mark on the chair at the right which you didn't fix also.