What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are you doing for bonfire night? :)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
well it's that flashy boom time again! :D so what are you doing tonight to celebrate bonfire night?

Paul

Former Member
Spending a nice uneventful evening with the family, BBQ and drinks (like most weekend evenings) - no fireworks here we hate the stuff. Thinking about it today actually, one of the things we don't miss from the UK is bonfire night, just another excuse for mindless idiots to be stupid.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, true, people are rather idiotic with fireworks. it's like "oooh firework! must play with it!!!" and then it explodes in their face and they are like "waaa, i'm suing, me"
well i have to stay in, it's my rabbit's first bonfire night so i have to make sure he's coping and not stressed too much.

i've heard Aussies don't celebrate bonfire night, not countrywide anyway. i can see why, historically anyway. but i enjoy it when i have a camera in my hand

ibclare

Queen Bee
tell me about it please. What's bonfire night? sounds fun, I love bonfires. I have a big copper cauldron I used on Halloween!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
bonfire night, is basically a night where england celebrates something to do with halloween, even though many people think it was guy fawkes' gun powder plot. and basically people across the nation light bonfires and set off fireworks til 11 o' clock. quite riveting.

Hoogle

Guru
Bonfire night is our 4th July Independance day but instead of independance we are celebrating a failed plot to kill our king in 1605 where there was an attempt to blow up pur House of Lords. Basically if it was today that it happened we wuld be celebrating a failed terrorist attack. However Due to all sorts of Health and safety laws these days our firework displays are dissapointing but then even good 1s look poor when your use to displays like Disney hold in America.
Here is the full wiki article about it.
Guy Fawkes Night - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paul

Former Member
tell me about it please. What's bonfire night? sounds fun, I love bonfires. I have a big copper cauldron I used on Halloween!

I bet you do clare, i bet you do LOL.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
yeah, true, people are rather idiotic with fireworks. it's like "oooh firework! must play with it!!!" and then it explodes in their face and they are like "waaa, i'm suing, me"
well i have to stay in, it's my rabbit's first bonfire night so i have to make sure he's coping and not stressed too much.

i've heard Aussies don't celebrate bonfire night, not countrywide anyway. i can see why, historically anyway. but i enjoy it when i have a camera in my hand

Is the a half - way LIKE button?... lol...

What's a bonfire without a steak or a bird sizzling on top?

Well.... that's the thrill of firecrackers..... ask my people..... on the week of the NEW YEAR..... TAKE NOTE - WEEK OF THE NEW YEAR....

Paul

Former Member
Like other seasonal events 'bonfire night' = money making exercise.