What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create Logo from Photoshop in Illustrator

ASC

Hey guys,

I've created a Logo in Photoshop (what I'm more familiar with) and now I need to recreate it in Illustrator. It's basically an M + V. But the V section of the letter M is a separate shape (so in total I would need 3 shapes I'm guessing? The sides and the V).

What would be the most effective way of recreating this? Also, say if I wanted to make the same logo, however, keep the thickness of the V the same of the sides?

ASC

Attachments

• MV Logo.jpg
    MV Logo.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 5

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You can import the Jpeg in AI and use the trace option but I would import it, set guidelines and make the logo again since it isn't complicated.

Reactions: ASC

ASC

Wow thank you so much JJLAPIN, that's extremely kind of you. I see what you did by using the 2 rectangular shapes as the side and then creating the V on top! I didn't think about doing it that way.

If you don't mind me asking how was the V made? I mean how did you create it symmetrical (just so I can learn it myself too).

Regards,
ASC

ASC

You can import the Jpeg in AI and use the trace option but I would import it, set guidelines and make the logo again since it isn't complicated.

Thank you also for your feedback, appreciate it

JJLAPIN

Guru
Wow thank you so much JJLAPIN, that's extremely kind of you. I see what you did by using the 2 rectangular shapes as the side and then creating the V on top! I didn't think about doing it that way.

If you don't mind me asking how was the V made? I mean how did you create it symmetrical (just so I can learn it myself too).

Regards,
ASC
Simply measured and used the guides. Pen tool was used to make the V.