What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blender 3D

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'll remember that!!! (I plan to add it this afternoon so I wont forget)
But if you want to add utility stuff as finishing touch you could make them but since your project is a big one you could use the minor stuff from
3DArchive

gedstar

Guru
Had a little hiccup with one on the Blender files getting corrupt, not sure what happened so had to revert back to an older version and redo the living room stuff :thinking: but into the bedroom now
BedRoomShelfs_084.png

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You are using the layer option Ged?
One for the building/floors, and a separate layer for each room interior and turn only those on when working on that particular part.
This will reduce the strain on your machine and program.
Blender has the nasty habit to give you the finger without warning... :eek:

gedstar

Guru
Hey Lambert, I have all the all rooms and accessories on separate layers and I do turn off what I don't need, it was totally odd but I wasn't able to extrude a particular part, even deleting and recreating it just wouldn't work, there was lots of this :facepalm:
I have a high spec PC with 32GB of RAM, 2 * SSD's, 6TB of storage, Intel I7 processor and GTX660 2GB GPU although I thinking of getting a new GPU
Thankfully I kept doing incremental backups along the way so it wasn't to much hassle

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I have the same specs but 'only' 2TB data storage.
Unlike PS, Blender needs a good GPU.
I'm thinking on replacing my GTX660 2GB too.
I think you can set a time for the auto backup.
I did it some time ago but then it slows down the workspeed.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Did they design Blender to wreck your head :rofl:

Working away adding materials to various parts and as you can see I had window frames before I started

Material_092.png

Then this happened no windows :facepalm:
Material_093.png

gedstar

Guru
This is a full render of the kitchen so far, still more materials to add, there's a few issues with the cabinet handles and wall sockets are way to big only realized after starting the render but that can be fixed, not sure why the cabinet handles have different hues because they all use the same material, and the kettle handle needs a different color
Chairs need material added as does a few other things, also having issues trying to figure out the lighting

Chris and Lambert your comments and advice are most welcome, or anybody else of course
DOH, just realized I rendered this in perspective view
Kitchen.png

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I really like it so far!
One odd thingy...what happened with the white chairs? :thinking:
They look like being set on emission...

Last edited:
Wow Ged...this is an excellent and clean job. :thumbsup: Very well done!
Just a small thing: I would like a bit of bevel on all the surfaces.
But of course this is just my personal preference.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Excellent work Ged.
Of course color choice is something you can discuss forever...
And I see a big stock of wine. That will do it.