What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motion bluring

_alexbrandt_

Hey there,

I'm doing a background motion blur effect on this picture.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 21.46.39.jpg

I've cut out the car and applied a motion blur only to the background.
But I can see that around the car there is a halo. I think it's because the motion blur is also getting the car in the background which is underneath.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 21.52.25.jpg

What can I do to kill that halo ?

JJLAPIN

Guru
I assume you have the Car alone on the top layer. On your bottom layer before you blur it clone into the car with the background.:)

SCTRWD

Power User
Try this:
Cut the car out from background on it's own layer. On the background layer fill the hole the car left with Content Aware Fill. Now you can add a Motion blur to the background layer.

_alexbrandt_

Try this:
Cut the car out from background on it's own layer. On the background layer fill the hole the car left with Content Aware Fill. Now you can add a Motion blur to the background layer.

Pretty good idea but it looks like it doesn't work :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 09.49.08.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 09.49.43.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 09.50.05.jpg

_alexbrandt_

I assume you have the Car alone on the top layer. On your bottom layer before you blur it clone into the car with the background.:)

Yes, I've got the car on a separate layer. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying about cloning into the car with the background.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Have a look here on how it's done best...

Since you have to make a car disappear it will be a lot more work but there's no such thing as a press and ready button in PS...

Last edited:

_alexbrandt_

Have a look here on how it's done best...

Since you have to make a car disappear it will be a lot more work but there's no such thing as a press and ready button in PS...

Hey Eggy,

Yeah, thanks for the link. These Phlearn videos are good.
I figured out the issue had to do with the background edge of the car.
So yeah, I didn't fully clone the car out for the background but it seems to work now.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
So yeah, I didn't fully clone the car out for the background but it seems to work now.
Indeed, depending on the pixels amount used for the motion blur, cloning or removing a part of the edge should be fine.