What's new

Motion bluring

_alexbrandt_

Hey there,

I'm doing a background motion blur effect on this picture.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 21.46.39.jpg

I've cut out the car and applied a motion blur only to the background.
But I can see that around the car there is a halo. I think it's because the motion blur is also getting the car in the background which is underneath.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 21.52.25.jpg

What can I do to kill that halo ?

I assume you have the Car alone on the top layer. On your bottom layer before you blur it clone into the car with the background.:)

Try this:
Cut the car out from background on it's own layer. On the background layer fill the hole the car left with Content Aware Fill. Now you can add a Motion blur to the background layer.

_alexbrandt_

I assume you have the Car alone on the top layer. On your bottom layer before you blur it clone into the car with the background.:)
Yes, I've got the car on a separate layer. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying about cloning into the car with the background.

Eggy

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Have a look here on how it's done best...

Since you have to make a car disappear it will be a lot more work but there's no such thing as a press and ready button in PS...

Last edited:

_alexbrandt_

Have a look here on how it's done best...

Since you have to make a car disappear it will be a lot more work but there's no such thing as a press and ready button in PS...
Hey Eggy,

Yeah, thanks for the link. These Phlearn videos are good.
I figured out the issue had to do with the background edge of the car.
So yeah, I didn't fully clone the car out for the background but it seems to work now.