What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manipulation help needed!

Argos

Guru
I tried the noise reduction on the subject but n my opinion it required too much reduction to match the background and it looks too soft and loose to much sharpness, but maybe with a little bit of work you can find a middle ground, a little bit of reduction on the guy a little bit of noise on the background. :joy:

reducing the blue it's easy in this picture just did a lame selection of the SUBJECT :roflmao:, because it's no blue surrounding the SUBJECT and with hue/saturation just removed and darknened the blues.

Argos

Guru
There is no right or wrong............it just a matter of opinion.

it can be wrong for sure or at least worst in this type of jobs :laugh:, and without proving the two methods just trusting my previous experiences i couldn't be 100% sure which want was the best.

Hassan1122

i added 2.8 if i remmeber correctly, it was a fast try so i didn't use it any good selection or converted to an intelligent object
Listen, i was thinking about this. The light reflecting on me makes it look more realastic. I just meed to get some light on railing too. But i dont know how i do that

Argos

Guru
Listen, i was thinking about this. The light reflecting on me makes it look more realastic. I just meed to get some light on railing too. But i dont know how i do that

I agree, i think it's the best option if the job on the railing it's good, but adding light on something and making it look real it's a really hard job, the problem it's not only the technique you use to get it, its knowing the light, you have to know looking at the background/SUBJECT where to put it, power, direction, shadows, color, its a passionate world (i'm a little obssesed with it XD) but you have to learn it looking at examples and a lot of practice.

Or maybe in this case just add a little bit of brightness to the top of the railing and it's enough you never know hahahaha :roflmao::roflmao:

Hassan1122

I agree, i think it's the best option if the job on the railing it's good, but adding light on something and making it look real it's a really hard job, the problem it's not only the technique you use to get it, its knowing the light, you have to know looking at the background/SUBJECT where to put it, power, direction, shadows, color, its a passionate world (i'm a little obssesed with it XD) but you have to learn it looking at examples and a lot of practice.

Or maybe in this case just add a little bit of brightness to the top of the railing and it's enough you never know hahahaha :roflmao::roflmao:
This is my version of projecting light. Lol. Noise of the backround looks ok?noise and light1.jpg

Argos

Guru
I was playing with it a little bit as well trying to add that violet cast on his right shoulder on the railing. But i have work to do so with the hurry i put the light on the wrong side :rofl::rofl:

less blur1ff.jpg

Hassan1122

Hahaha, i was like.
I was playing with it a little bit as well trying to add that violet cast on his right shoulder on the railing. But i have work to do so with the hurry i put the light on the wrong side :rofl::rofl:

View attachment 98339
It looks ok to me. Then i saw closely. Its left to right and you made it right to left. I am understanding the technique. Now i will try to work on it

Argos

Guru
Hahaha, i was like.
It looks ok to me. Then i saw closely. Its left to right and you made it right to left. I am understanding the technique. Now i will try to work on it

Correct ^^, btw the noise looks good to me, nice balance, maybe a little bit too match sharpness on you ^^

Hassan1122

Correct ^^, btw the noise looks good to me, nice balance, maybe a little bit too match sharpness on you ^^
The one in which you removed colours and light was great. I would have used it if the noise in backround was bit low. So far i have loved that one. But i dont know how you did it. So here is my final attempt .final light.jpg

Argos

Guru
i already told you how to remove the light and color in another post, i can add a visual image but my photoshop is in Spanish.... basically is hue/saturation lower the blues and low illumination.

As i said before selection doesn't matter that much because is no blue around you.

Picture1.jpg

Last edited:

Hassan1122

i already told you how to remove the light and color in another post, i can add a visual image but my photoshop is in Spanish.... basically is hue/saturation lower the blues and low illumination.

As i said before selection doesn't matter that much because is no blue around you.

View attachment 98351
Exactly thats what i want to know. You changed the colour of my jacket and removed the blue light from my neck. How to do that. Provide many details if you may.

Hassan1122

View attachment 98351
I know you told me to change hue and stuff. But as you know i am new. I need like steps maybe. Like select first, then tap this. Etc

Argos

Guru
Its all on the image, i don't know what else I could add, I'm not very good at tutorials and my bad English doesn't help ^^, if you still don't understand the image I'm sure Iamsam or another member will explain it to you a lot better than me.

Hassan1122

Its all on the image, i don't know what else I could add, I'm not very good at tutorials and my bad English doesn't help ^^, if you still don't understand the image I'm sure Iamsam or another member will explain it to you a lot better than me.
Understood, but here out one thing, what if the pic was taken from iphone, you know how it blurs the background. I'll show you what suits me eyes for it. But i might be wrong. So just tell me if this photos looks more real or no20190509_033242.jpg

Argos

Guru
To me looks more real, blurred backgrounds is not a problem for realism, almost every camera can do it and it's just a technique to gain focus on the important thing and avoid distracting things on a picture.

Being completely honest if i see this picture in any situation even if they ask me if it is a montage i could not assure it's a montage and that my friend it's the goalXD.

And I am a fan on low contrast blacks on this kind of portraits ^^.

To clarify the other picture looks more a casual picture from a phone, and this last one looks more like a professional photographer made the picture and edited it,
but because of the posture, clothes, location, in my opinion, is what make it look more like the second one, a prepared photo.

Last edited:

Hassan1122

To me looks more real, blurred backgrounds is not a problem for realism, almost every camera can do it and it's just a technique to gain focus on the important thing and avoid distracting things on a picture.

Being completely honest if i see this picture in any situation even if they ask me if it is a montage i could not assure it's a montage and that my friend it's the goalXD.

And I am a fan on low contrast blacks on this kind of portraits ^^.

To clarify the other picture looks more a casual picture from a phone, and this last one looks more like a professional photographer made the picture and edited it,
but because of the posture, clothes, location, in my opinion, is what make it look more like the second one, a prepared photo.
Exactly what i was thinking. Not all of it. But most of it. And by the second picture you mean? Anyways, this was just one picture in the dark. What about a more day version of picture. I think i should make a second version of this thread to talk on that too.

Babine

Guru
Going a little further, my monitor shows a difference (within the square) that didn't look right. A darker hair fringe versus the BG. The colour samplers shown the RGB values. Accordingly, I made a curves adjustment to balance, in particular, the red colour cast to better blend into the background. The JPGs for this site don't show properly but .....

Before.jpgAfter.jpg