What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Photo Background

nettybo

Hello! I'm not sure the best way to go about this and would appreciate some help. I have a graduation photo of myself but there are lots of people in the background. If someone could maybe blur them and the background a bit, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure how else to remove them but that's basically what I'm going for. Thanks so much in advance.

60160735_10217240173733807_4665616720172417024_n.jpg

royeab

Can I ask how you made the selection percise enough that even the gaps behind the hair strands are gone?

Babine

Guru
Can I ask how you made the selection percise enough that even the gaps behind the hair strands are gone?

I used the pen tool in Photoshop CC following any/all defined edges and a rough outline of her hair on both sides. With this selection, I copied her to a new layer and used Quick Mask mode to fine tune
the background (remove it from the selection) as close as possible. Then, with this second selection, I copied her to a new layer and used a hair brush to fill in the hair that did not make the mask.
The background, one of many available on the net, was placed below.
Hope this helps.