What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Data Set Variable Help

BaldGuy

I'm a school photographer and I'm asking about problems when printing ID cards for schools. I'm trying to make ID's cards in Photoshop using data set variables. I've done it before but now when I try to preview the ID card the persons picture comes up in Bridge. It looks like to me that the ID cards have not been made. I can't see anything that I've done different but does anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
Set the image layer variable to pixel replacement, then create a data-set naming the file location of the replacement image.
For text set the layer to Text Replacement, then go to Data-Sets. Highlight the text variable and insert the replacement text in the value box.
Screenshot 2020-12-30 114625.jpgScreenshot 2020-12-30 115306.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
The first thing I see is that your text file needs to be comma separated. My advice is to start simple. Make a folder with 2 images and 2 names just to get things working properly. Like this:
Screenshot 2021-01-01 112044.jpg