What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Guitar pedal (Boss Tuner)

BlueInGreen

Used Photoshop to add the textures to the pedal. Modeled and textured in Blender 3D.

Let me know what you think.

Boss_Tuner_1.png

A couple of issues....

I find the color on the stomp plate too light.

Since it's not on, the pitch indicator should be dark (about 90% lighter than the rest) with nothing in it. Would look great if you could light up the indicator leds - then you could add a number or pitch to the small screen - with slight glows.

Overall - it's a beautiful, well done 3D model.

Thanks Dv8! You were definitely right about the indicator screen! Let me know what you think of this updated version.

Boss_Tuner_5.png

The leds are OK. Add a glow within the led panel where a led is on. The Key/String indicator should be much darker but lighter than the black panel (try 40% gray). The A should be bright red with a slight glow that fills the screen.

I use this model... :cheesygrin: . So I know how it looks in bright light and in the dark of a stage.

Thanks again. I'll try doing those things in PS as I'm not too sure how to achieve that in Blender.

Glad to know play guitar (presumably) too! :)

Back