What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #5

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
TO ALL MEMBERS AND PARTICIPANTS : In keeping with Belial's idea of a weekly Photoshop Challenge/Contest, new challenges are to be released EVERY SUNDAY.

Congrats to PAUL for topping the last challenge.
WELL DONE and keep up your creative spirit.

With little prodding from Belial that I get out of my lizardcave (thanks, bud)... I officially open...

a r t o f g r e g m a r t i n . c o m

Greg Martin.... Artist and photographer , widely known for his space scenes created entirely in Photoshop.

View attachment 6572

This week's challenge is SPACE - the final frontier.

Visit Greg's site for inspiration and source material.

Here's a compilation of tutorials to help you on your way....

Space and Planet Photoshop Tutorials To Create Amazing Space Scenes | @designshard
Solar Voyager - Tutorials & Tools
30+ Photoshop Tutorials for Creating Space and Planets
Create a Realistic Space Scene from Scratch with Photoshop

Add everything you need to create your scene - stars, ships, Klingons....

The only limit is your imagination....

LOOKING FORWARD TO A CREATIVE WEEK.....

HAVE FUN , GUYS!

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Off to find source materials and create.

SeniorS

Guru
Super Cooool!

I think will be very many pretty awesome images here.

P.S. Pitty that i'm not good with such compositions.

Paul

Former Member
Heres my first attempt at it, i call it donut earth.
Made with jame and flour, no seriously i used the warp tool again some smudge and burn a few layers to do the removing of certain components and there it is.

Attachments

• donut-earth.jpg
    donut-earth.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 126

SeniorS

Guru
Aww, c'mon, SeniorS. You're that good - you can do it. You're just not giving yourself the chance to tackle these things.
Thanks mate!

I'll give it a try next week, maybe inspiration will hit me :)

Vafann

Guru
TO ALL MEMBERS AND PARTICIPANTS : In keeping with Belial's idea of a weekly Photoshop Challenge/Contest, new challenges are to be released EVERY SUNDAY.

Congrats to PAUL for topping the last challenge.
WELL DONE and keep up your creative spirit.

With little prodding from Belial that I get out of my lizardcave (thanks, bud)... I officially open...

a r t o f g r e g m a r t i n . c o m

Greg Martin.... Artist and photographer , widely known for his space scenes created entirely in Photoshop.

View attachment 6572

This week's challenge is SPACE - the final frontier.

Visit Greg's site for inspiration and source material.

Here's a compilation of tutorials to help you on your way....

Space and Planet Photoshop Tutorials To Create Amazing Space Scenes | @designshard
Solar Voyager - Tutorials & Tools
30+ Photoshop Tutorials for Creating Space and Planets
Create a Realistic Space Scene from Scratch with Photoshop

Add everything you need to create your scene - stars, ships, Klingons....

The only limit is your imagination....

LOOKING FORWARD TO A CREATIVE WEEK.....

HAVE FUN , GUYS!

Oh! This really is a challenge, I have no idea how to do things like this, I will have to read, and read, and read tutorials, but it will be fun!:)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, i was thinking the same :p it is good though, i love these challenges, great way to learn new stuff

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Good challenge! I can't wait to try it. Like some others, this is going to be very different for me. This is like my desktop theme, Hubble and beyond. Lots of kids (from one to 93) here that play with this theme or close to it, but there should be some great stuff. Hey Belial, great inner tube or is it a lifesaver, LOL.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Great tutorials there Lizzie! Martin's work is pretty cool; you can see a lot of the inspiration and source shots in is photo gallery. Very fun challenge.

Sometime Later:

I am trying to crate first a basic starfield using noise to begin with. The initial step is, add noise, then levels. I got the effect I wanted in preview while applying level changes but as soon as I clicked OK, it was a noisier noise, but not what I wanted. I thought maybe if I did it as an adj. layer, so I tired that, merged the levels layer down, and the same thing happened. I hope someone has some ideas about what's up. Here are my results:

Attachments

• leveled.JPG
    leveled.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1
  • merged.JPG
    merged.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

JgraphNet

Power User
A very large Thank You to Lizad for the tutorial links !! That's awsome, man. Will save and check them all out for sure.

Now, Zeealex recommended me to enter a thing I just posted in another thread but after checking up on the terms it won't qualify since it's not all done in Photoshop.

So, out of contest, I will put a link in for those interested since it's about a "backwards" workflow - going from After Effcts to Photoshop :
Eclipse ... kind of ....

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
actually it was hoogleman i just agreed with him and liked the post you made :p XD
it's amazing nevertheless

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
I used a combination of JGN's image a snow leopard OSX background image and a satellite image found somewhere lol

View attachment 6602