What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost my color picker?

Wetstuff

In earlier v. of Pshp I had a 'Color Picker' .. a large box where you could move the cursor around and it would change the color of type or a background as you watched. Now I have these damn sliders .. or stoopid crayons where I have to click on 'OK' to see what I've got.. This is in CS5.

Is there an add-on or some other way to get what I had without using one of my earlier v. of Pshp? Thanks.

Jim

Near the bottom of the tool bar on the left are 2 small boxes probably black and white.
Click on that and it will bring up the Color Picker box you're looking for.

Negative Steve... I made sure. When I select colors for type, I simply click the box in the tool bar across the top .. but I also just tried the foreground/background boxes down on the lower left per your suggestion: same/same. I get a master box 'COLORS' with sub choices of: The Color Circle, Sliders, Palette of names, Spectrum or the children's crayons - every one requires 'OK'. I want my active box back!

Jim

.... and iffn it is not OK, then I have to start effin over. Buggers...

Jim

show us a screen shot

Are you on color library, by any chance? If so it will say so at the top, click Picker to return to the regular color picker. If that's not it, you should post a screen shot.

Ahhhh - but, by the look of it, you're a PC I suspect.. I am Mac.

Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 3.19.31 PM.jpg

I seemingly do not have that button - Picker - you have.

Photoshop > preferences > general. Change Color picker at the top back to Adobe (it must be set to Apple).

click on that round colored ball to the left

or once you are in pref like hawk said
put it to apple and you will see hud color picker pick from there many options

Last edited:
Dad ... Hawkeye got it! Thank 'somebody' you guys are here to help. I hated that other F'ing system.

Then I found an even cooler one, but not smart enough to keep it useful. Thanks again for saving my bacon. Cheers.

Jim

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 3.35.43 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 3.35.43 PM.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4

Back