What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Editing (on CS5)

ingyaningya

Here is my problem: (I am using Photoshop CS5)
Say I have a 2 second long black and white footage a a person waving his hand.
For the first few frames, I colour in the hand skin colour, etc., and it's going fine. Then, the skin colour stays in place, as the hand moves away. So, I adjust the colour layer back in place with the motion of the hand.
But my problem is, when I adjust it to work in sync with the later frames, it moves it out of place with the previous frames. How can I fix this so I can edit up to a certian point where it's not in sync, and the ruining the previous frames?hand.jpg

Last edited:
switch your animation window to frame by clicking the highlighted button then every frame make sure it is all lined up Capture.PNG

If you have the hand on its own layer with transparant pixels around it then just create a new layer fill it with the skin colour and the create a clipping mask to the hand layer.

If you have the hand on its own layer with transparant pixels around it then just create a new layer fill it with the skin colour and the create a clipping mask to the hand layer.
I was using the hand as an example, my real project in coloring a vintage black and white clip of a man waking with his dog.

If I make a new layer to colour the hand, and I have the animation window set to "frame", will this skin colour layer be visible on the next frame, or would I have to make it again for the next frame?

Back