What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help gettting image into FONT

Niborobin

HI,
I need to make a background and then get that image to just be INSIDE some hollow letters? (like a monogram)

I need each letters to also have a line around it, like pen and ink .
can someone either direct me to a tutorial for that, or tell me how best to do this?

thanks so much in advance for your help.

NIborobin

3headcat

example.jpg

something like that? if yes then: ( as you know there is never just one answer so other members may have different and better answers for you)

-make your background image as a first layer
-create a layer on top and fill it with..well in this case green but you can use whatever you like
-type your text, select it and then use that selection to cut a hole in the green layer ( you will have a nice letters hole in the green layer and you will see your background layer)
- then just double click on the green layer to open layer styles manu and use “stroke” to add this black line around letters
Hope this helps

3headcat

ibclare

Queen Bee
OR . . .

Type your text.
Choose the image you want to come through the letters and put that on a layer above.
Now hold down the alt/opt key and click between the layers to clip the image to the layer below (the text layer) You can move that layer around all you want to get the image position right.

Niborobin

Thank you both so much
now, in the second way, is there a way to make a line around the words? letters?
like in the first example?

and does this only work with next and not shape images?

Thanks!!!

ibclare

Queen Bee
It works with any shape, whether it is text, the whole layer (rectangle), a shape, or any selection. Go to the bottom of the layers panel, click the fx, and choose stroke. Be aware that you have a choice for inside, outside, or center. Set the color and the pixel width and you have it.

Niborobin

WOW..that is so cool...thank you so much

I am so glad I found this site and all you good folk who are so generous in sharing info and time!!

:)
Amazing!!