What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple line help

Andy000

Hey, I know this is probably a super simple question but I've been wanting to know how to draw thin thin lines like the poster below. Using the pen tool always seems to fill in the space and the ends need to be joined up to end drawing it, they also seem to have a glow and gradient on them in different points which might be an after touch once they're drawn. Any help is much appreciated :).
waiting_for_the_end___atsi_by_ashqtara-d4omp6d.jpg

easiest method I would say was with pen tool. First select a hard brush and set the colour resize the brush so it draws a line at the sive you want.

Then grab the pen tool and draw the lines by single clicking in a zig zag method. Once the path is drawn right click and select stroke path and choose the brush tool as the method. Do not check the simulate pressure box.

From what I see there is nothing precise in those lines in the sample image.... Then again I didn't look that close

Okay I gave it 1 minute, works real good if you needed to get down to the pixel could be tricky but you could get real close

View attachment 31753

More about what Hoogle stated.

Andy said:
I've been wanting to know how to draw thin thin lines like the poster below.
Select a brush with a hard edge and to the size you want your line to be.

Andy said:
Using the pen tool always seems to fill in the space and the ends need to be joined up to end drawing it

Choose your pen tool and set it's mode to path...
Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 3.42.25 PM.png

You do not have to close the ends, just make your lines, when your done right click and chose stroke path....
Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 3.45.24 PM.png

Select the brush tool and then click OK.....
Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 3.55.25 PM.png

Back