What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting an image in half

SaynotoKlaus

I want to get rid of the right half of the image and keep only the colored part , but i want it to be the same resolution , and i don't want to replace the half i cut out with a background.

I have CS6.

This is the image

[urlhttp://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/[/url]

Last edited:
I want to cut the image in half and keep only the colored part , but i don't want to replace what i cut out with a background , i want the first part to be the whole image and keep it's resolution and aspect ratio.

I use CS6

S8a7KcS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the crop tool. It will keep the resolution (in ppi) exactly constant.

BTW, no need for coarse language here.

tom

"BTW, no need for coarse language here."

Sorry.

By the way , are there any tutorials for the ultimate Photoshop newbies?

I just installed it earlier , and i have no idea how to use it - had to stare at the screen for a while until i found the crop tool.

I would like to get into photo manipulation , but i don't know where to start. There are tons tutorials that teach how to make specific effects , but i don't even know the basics yet.

Back