What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type Tool cursor

MrToM

Guru
This will still have to be guesswork but check the 'Horizontal Scale' in the 'Character' panel....follow Sams instructions on how to open that...post #14

horizontal_scale_MT_01.png

The default for this is 100%.

With an image of that size and a font size of 24pt you should be able to see the text clearly so it must be something other than the font size.

Without the info we've been requesting from you its difficult to say what to suggest but you could also try resetting the character from the 'Character' panel by clicking the small icon in the very top right corner of the panel, (see image), and choosing 'Reset Character'.

This will unfortunately reset the font too but this will reset all the parameters in the 'Character' panel.
At least by doing this you are starting from a clean slate....of sorts.

Regards.
MrToM.

Big Ed

I"m finally getting characters to show as per MrTom's advice. HOWEVER, I want the letters to be 90 degrees clockwise.Characters are working.jpg

MrToM

Guru
...I"m finally getting characters to show as per MrTom's advice. HOWEVER, I want the letters to be 90 degrees clockwise...
In that case don't use the 'Vertical Type' tool.

Use the 'Horizontal Type' tool instead and then transform the whole lot 90°

You'll find the transform tools under EDIT > TRANSFORM

text_rotate_MT_01.png

You can use the transform tools OR the preset rotations, (Yellow in the above image).

Regards.
MrToM.

Big Ed

I understand your instructions but I was able to do what I want without Ctrl T in the vertical.

Big Ed

I've typed a name and address in Horizontal. Rotated it 90 degrees. After that I can change the names and addresses. MrTom, I've done as suggested and it works. HOWEVER I don't think that's what I originally did. In any event, life goes on horizontally and vertically.