What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D Typography - Skate

gedstar

Guru
Amazing Lambert very nicely done :thumbsup:
I spent many happy days falling of one on those things :rofl:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Amazing Lambert very nicely done :thumbsup:
I spent many happy days falling of one on those things :rofl:

Thanks Ged,
And you falling of those things...we suffer from those consequences every day... :biglaff:(joke...)
I never tried one of those because (and there we go again) in my days those things didn't exist...:cheesygrin:

Very cool one Lambert!

Looks difficult to me to create a typography halfpipe in Blender like this.

And now don't laugh. I started snowboarding in 1988 at the age of 40, the following year I learned skate boarding and snake boarding.
I never liked the halfpipe, I preferred downhill (on the Streets) with the longboard.
But my favorite was freeride snowboarding. But then in 2005 I had an accident and broke some bones in the shoulder.
After recovery I decided not to start again with these boards. Instead I concentrated more on Mountainbiking, which is just wonderful.
I'm on my bike 3 times a week summer and winter. I love it.

Pipsmom

Guru
Old timey metal adjusting skates and skinned knee’s....now that a memory brought back. Mama never would buy me a skateboard, guess she figured I’d break my neck

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very cool one Lambert!

Looks difficult to me to create a typography halfpipe in Blender like this.

And now don't laugh. I started snowboarding in 1988 at the age of 40, the following year I learned skate boarding and snake boarding.
I never liked the halfpipe, I preferred downhill (on the Streets) with the longboard.
But my favorite was freeride snowboarding. But then in 2005 I had an accident and broke some bones in the shoulder.
After recovery I decided not to start again with these boards. Instead I concentrated more on Mountainbiking, which is just wonderful.
I'm on my bike 3 times a week summer and winter. I love it.

Not difficult at all Chris. Create the letters, convert to curves, extrude, flatten cylinder and use boolean modifier to intersect and done.

BTW, hats for your persintence to do montainbike...I hate bikes that do not have a motor...:cheesygrin:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Old timey metal adjusting skates and skinned knee’s....now that a memory brought back. Mama never would buy me a skateboard, guess she figured I’d break my neck

I did ice skating once, took me a week to recover...:biglaff:

inkpad.t

Guru
I find the modeling side of it difficult, i can't seem to get right, takes me forever to do something....but will give it another go. Thanks.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Don't make the same mistake new users do make, don't run before walking.
In the beginning I started as a tornado...and didn't get anywhere.
So I decided to go slow by exercising every basic action until doing it automaticly.
Mind you, I am and consider myself a novice but sometimes its gratifying to have a nice result.
Give me another 25 years or so and I'll be a Blender Guru...:rofl:

Last edited: