What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 50s Diner

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I now it can be confusing but you'll have do add certain objects outside the view to obtain your goal.
This is how the thing with the small 'windows' will produce separate shadows as an illusion for 'existing windows...
(Note: I'm not by far ready with this one...so its a view render)

Untitled-1.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
An in between update (2000 X 2000 px at 150 cycles).
Don't mind the speckles (fireflies) because the normal render would be 6000 X 6000 px at 1000 cycles.
I think I need to place some light on the backside too...
Please, your opinion...

Untitled-1.png

gedstar

Guru
Hey Lambert, it's looking good so far, maybe adding some items on the shelves and in the cooler, just a thought

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yep, I know Ged, but that's for later when the light issues are solved.
I'm already making an inventory to fill the diner...:laugh:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Do you also feel that the interior should be lit some more?
Not too much, I'll lose all the nice contrasts and shadows.
This can also be done in PS after the final render.
Consider it a 'shady' diner...:detective:
I'll work on it later tonight, now its family time...

Do you also feel that the interior should be lit some more?
Not too much, I'll lose all the nice contrasts and shadows.
This can also be done in PS after the final render.
Consider it a 'shady' diner...:detective:
I'll work on it later tonight, now its family time...

Increase the light Lambert!
You'll not lose any contrast, you'll gain a lot of details in the shadows! :shocked:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'll give it a try.
I could do this by adding a 'sun' at lowest intensity.
I'll keep posting.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hmmmph,
I will need way more practice and knowledge to make a believable inside scene.
I'm not happy with this but this is as far as I can go, so far...

50s Diner Final B.jpg

Pipsmom

Guru
I don't know about that, I think you have come very far and just love the new light you have added, that looks nice
As just a viewer I always thought the counter top was to narrow for food service and the cash register in those days were much larger, but what do I know. LOL
Don't give up, your doing great

Pipsmom

Guru
This is how I remember them, maybe you will see something to add to give you more ideas too. Looking forward to you finishing this one. You can do it!!!!!
5ccff8c49bb6d611f1347ddcb9b463a4.jpgflat,1000x1000,075,f.jpggallery-1466442248-325194-10151122513134770-1267897844-o.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Crystal, but I did my homework and have seen a lot of those...:D
I intended to add more items but that did slow down my PC (I7, 32 GB ram and 2 GB video) and it started to irritate me to wait for a view render in between...:mad:
But hey, no worries, I'll pick an easier interior the next time...

Pipsmom

Guru
Maybe Santa will bring you a heavy duty PC beast for Christmas... heres wishing anyway :laugh:

Argos

Guru
I think to make something like this 90%-100% realistic must be a tremendous work, as i said before i see everything too homogeneous in colour and light, every thing reflects light and colour so has to be a variation in colour and light in every (detail, zone).

Also i keep saying what i said about the light of those windows XD.

For what i saw when i was playing a little with 3D ( 1 week :rolleyes:), blender have some limitations when you want realism. 3dsmax was better.

3dsmax

f2f6a97c375aea2090b391c97a322a9b.jpg

I think with the knowledge you have now it's time to try a more advanced program.

Cheers!

Hmmmph,
I will need way more practice and knowledge to make a believable inside scene.
I'm not happy with this but this is as far as I can go, so far...

I think you did a very good job on this one Lambert.

Though the 'look and feel' is still to artificial, as you already stated yourself.
This'll be the hardest part to master. To create a pleasant and inviting atmosphere for an inside scene.
Everyone will always compare a constructed 3D scene with a photographed scene. I think our brain is conditioned to react like this.

Anyway, I admire your efforts to reach such a good result.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I think to make something like this 90%-100% realistic must be a tremendous work, as i said before i see everything too homogeneous in colour and light, every thing reflects light and colour so has to be a variation in colour and light in every (detail, zone).

Also i keep saying what i said about the light of those windows XD.

For what i saw when i was playing a little with 3D ( 1 week :rolleyes:), blender have some limitations when you want realism. 3dsmax was better.

3dsmax

View attachment 80382

I think with the knowledge you have now it's time to try a more advanced program.

Cheers!
Thanks David...
I tried and I failed...remembers me my first steps in PS...:eek:
I'll keep dabbling in Blender because 3D is a nice bonus but not my main interest.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.
As I said in my previous post I'll keep using Blender 'on the side'...
A man should now his limitations (for now...) :laugh: