What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few tips!

salvadore

Reset Preferences
A lot of Photoshop problems can be fixed by dumping the Preferences file. While launching Photoshop, hold down Alt+Ctrl+Shift on the PC or Cmd+Option+Shift on the Mac. When asked to reset the preferences, choose Yes.
But before you do this, save your custom Patterns, actions, styles, brushes, gradients, shapes, and color palettes. These will also be reset, and you don't want to lose them forever. You can even create an action to do this, so you have a one click backup! (Don't forget to save the backup action first.)

Make a New Document from a Layer
In the Layers palette, when you choose Duplicate Layer, you can change the document setting to "New" to create a brand new picture from any layer. I wish I knew about this one a few years ago!

Use RGB Filters While in CMYK
Some filters, such as the Render filters, are disabled in CMYK. To get around this, work in RGB mode with CMYK preview turned on (CTRL/CMD+Y). Build your file as normal; when you are finished, convert it to CMYK. This will allow all the filters to work, give you a smaller file, and you won't lose your colors when you convert the file. Only use CMYK for going to a commercial printing press.

Custom Gradients Made Easy
When you are making a new color gradient and you want to use the same color more than once, don't recreate it. Just hold down the Option/Alt key and drag a copy of the slider.

For more great tips and tutorials, check out my site!

Nice tips !
It would really very helpful for those who are new in the web designing field.
I have gone through all the tips and i liked it very much...

thank you for the helpful tips, i am just beginning to work with photoshop but i will bookmark this and review it in detail :D

Great tips! I'm sure a lot of people will find these useful in making their design techniques faster and more efficient. Thanks for sharing!

Back