What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidentally edited a previous snapshot and lost current history

Mari.P

I hope someone can help me with this since I am about to flip a table in frustration.

I went back to a previous snapshots to check the placement of something, and accidentally clicked on the image with my brush tool. The history tab then overwrote everything I had done after taking that snapshot, except for that one accidental brush stroke. Is there any way to go back? Undue Stat Change and Step Forward/Backwards don't go far enough and I stupidly didn't save or make any other snapshots. Is all that information lost now or is there a history log somewhere?

*Sigh* Even a "no" will be good since then I can start working on it again instead of hoping for a way back. :cry:

-Using Photoshop CS3

Hoogle

Guru
well depending what you have done since your brush strok you should be able to press control and Z to go back 1 step or control + alt + z to go back more than 1 step and upto 20 if you have not changed your settings in photoshop. You do have to keep pressing the cntrl + alt +z for each step back you take