What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action to color multiple PNG images and output with the same name

JinV

Hello, I'm a photoshop action newb and am looking for some help to take a bunch of PNG images, recolor them all with the same color and output them with the same name in the same folder, ideally replacing the original. I don't know where to begin with this and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

explorer_Ink8rPFtSX.png

JinV

I ended up using the match color adjustment which worked for the most part, except for images that have more than one color. Since the color is slightly different in most of the images the hue adjustment didn't seem to work. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to only target one color to match or the color the occupies the majority of the pixels in the image. For example the ModuleShaper.png in the image above has a different color on the edges. How could I make an action that would leave that alone(and any other differently colored parts in other images) and just color the main blueish color.