What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Announces New Features for Photoshop CC 2018

gedstar

Guru
Judging by the update history for CC2017 we could be waiting a while for the bugs to be ironed out

Untitled.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Just playing around with PS CC2018 so far the only issue I have is that they broke the ALT combination key, when you want to delete something on a layer mask you have hold down the ALT key and hit Delete twice, the ALT modifier key issue is a known issue, apart from that all's good so far
Seems a lot faster, although haven't checked out all the new features yet, so far I'm impressed with the new version, there's always going to be bugs.
People have reported issues with the healing brush tool and brush tool lagging but I haven't experienced that so far.
Love the new brush tool smoothing and pen curvature tool.

Will report back if I come across any other issues, feel free comment here if you notice any issues that you find

Another issue I noticed, CTRL + ALT + Z sometimes doesn't work for stepback

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Has anyone else checked out PS CC2018 or am I the only one testing it, seems a bit strange with all the PS users here that nobody has voiced their experiences.
The only way for Adobe to fix bugs is to report them and if you add to this thread I'll add the issues to the feedback forum over in Adobe

Surely I'm not the only one using PS CC2018 :eek:

fredfish

Guru
Hi Ged

I only updated earlier today and i am going through the new features as we speak - I love the new brush management, significantly better. I also like the new pen curvature tool and the pen smoothing. I am working my way through the videos on the PS site. I haven't noticed anything bad yet, well the only thing I would say is it seamed to take quite a bit longer to load, but once loaded I agree it feels much smoother and to be honest once it is loaded I pretty much leave it loaded anyway.

If I come across anything I will report back :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

gedstar

Guru
Hey John

There are issues with the ALT key combinations, for example is you hit ALT + CTRL + Shift + E to stamp visible layers it doesn't work but if you use CTRL + ALT + Shift + E it works thankfully that's the way I always did it.
Haven't noticed any issues with loading PS, mine actually loads quicker than CC2017
I like the way you can adjust the size and color of the Pen Tool outline, plenty of new stuff to play with :)

Regards
Ged

fredfish

Guru
I agree about the thickness of the pen tool outline. It would be great if they had extended this to the grid lines on the crop tool. I was recently working with some students talking about design concepts and wanted them to include screen shots of the rule of thirds and the golden spiral - the crop tool is great for showing this but the lines are way too feint! Ah well perhaps next update. They have added features to the crop tool though - still playing!

Cheers

John

gedstar

Guru
Seems to be very RAM hungry, just as well I've 32GB

Working on something in CC2018 and here's the RAM usage and it's only a 300 MB file

Untitled.jpg

Same project in CC2017

Untitled1.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I've updated already but had no time to test the new features...
Maybe tomorrow and I'll get back...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have not yet upgraded to CC2018. I usually give Adobe time to work out some of the rough spots.

My question is, how is CC2018 working out for those of you who are using it?