What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe

inkpad.t

Guru
Just cannot believe in the current situation Adobe will not let you cancel your plan if you have been made unemployed, they just want to keep taking your money or you have to pay a cancelation fee, the Unscrupulous money grabbing Ba-----. That's me done with Adobe forever, I went away from Adobe for a while, but just loved and miss the program, but this time takes the biscuit, Good by Adobe.

ph_o_e_n_ix

I can understand you, but ...

Adobe is not responsible for the current situation and that the premature cancellation of a subscription caused additional costs (which you would not have had with a monthly subscription), was known even before the contract was signed.

Adobe offers the possibility to transfer your license to another person.

inkpad.t

Guru
I can understand you, but ...

Adobe is not responsible for the current situation and that the premature cancellation of a subscription caused additional costs (which you would not have had with a monthly subscription), was known even before the contract was signed.

Adobe offers the possibility to transfer your license to another person.
I understand what your saying, and I understand Adobe is not at fault for the situation- but no Scupals or morals over making people pay who can no longer afford it. Thousands of people losing jobs and their livelihood, yet they just want yo pay pay pay, like i said that's it for me.

inkpad.t

Guru
Just to add to that, Since the first post i have looked around at what others are saying about Adobe, and this came up, I think i will be getting as many people as i can on the net to view this guys video's about Adobe.

MentosCubing

Power User
Legally speaking, Adobe is doing nothing more than expecting end users to uphold their end of the contractual obligation they agreed to, and I think it's a bit much to expect them to go out of their way to accommodate the benefit of those people even though the pandemic is affecting them too. They probably already have to deal with a lot of people cancelling their subscriptions early, and I doubt that's good for them financially, so it would probably be quite difficult for them to let all those people cancel without paying the fee. But many companies are doing things like that, so perhaps it is I who misinterprets the situation.

That said, it seems there isn't any convincing you, and I don't use Adobe programs myself purely because I (a teenage girl with no income) can't afford them. The best Photoshop alternative I am aware of is Affinity Photo by Serif. It doesn't have as much non-destructive filter support as Adobe's Smart Objects do, and there are no 3D features, but I love that transformations are non-destructive by default and that the Blend Ranges (essentially their version of Blend If) is a graph instead of a slider. FXHOME's Imerge Pro is also excellent, although it operates more like a video software than a photo software in my opinion. It mainly targets compositing, but that comes with the benefit of almost always being completely non-destructive. It is a great software that I can recommend, but it requires a pretty beefy PC (or Mac if that's your thing), and I do recommend having something more traditional as a backup if you decide to go with Imerge (which is 30% off right now, by the way). GIMP is another pretty good one, but I vastly prefer Affinity Photo.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you make. I hope that we can continue to see you on the forums, even if you are abandoning Adobe software.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thank you
MentosCubing

.I have calm down somewhat now. I understand their situation, but for a multi million dollar profit business , i don't think their doing enough for those like me who can no longer afford it, so I have been looking around, and for what Adobe wants to cancel their subscription, i can get Affinity photo for a good price that is always updated for free with no subscriptions, I will just have to stump the cost of getting rid of Adobe and paying for Affinity so i do not have any further layout for Photoshop, and retain the ability to use a software. Thank you.

hawkeye

Guru
Take a look at Affinity Photo. In response to the Coronas virus it's now 50% off so the cost is $25. They also have a free 90 trial.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks Hawkeye, I just couldn't resist that price, and at least i will be able to continue using a software to create artwork, I know there's plenty of free ones out there, but just couldn't resist that price for one of the better softwares, This will be a learning curve as there are no where near as many tutorials as photoshop tutorials, but I suppose it the same methods and just a different way of doing it in Affinity , Thanks Again.