What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Retouching

aaronclark

Hi there,

I'm not really a newbie to photoshop but seeing as I'm a newbie to the forum this seemed appropriate.

I'm currently working on a project and I need to remove some elements from a photograph to in professional standard. I know how to use the clone tool, healing brush etc. I just need to know the best technique to remove elements from the image.

I've attatched 2 different sections to this post. If anybody can help I'd really appreciate it.

Section 1: Remove Skip and AMS box View attachment section_1.pdf
Section 2: Remove lampost View attachment section_2.pdf

Thanks for your help
Aaron

iDad

Guru
using either the pen tool or lasso tool , select the part of the image you want removed> delete or create a new top layer blank and get bust with the clone tool
no clue what is behind that stuff so.
No idea where or what you are trying to do

aaronclark

using either the pen tool or lasso tool , select the part of the image you want removed> delete or create a new top layer blank and get bust with the clone tool
no clue what is behind that stuff so.
No idea where or what you are trying to do

Basically I know that you don't know what's behind it; that's the point. What do professionals do in this situation?

iDad

Guru
get paid maybe you should post it in freelance section

iDad

Guru
well you will need to provide what is behind that stuff or to make it easy, replace the whole background instead of having to guess what the walls really look like. and what is Skip?

Steve

Retired Administrator
The yellow and blue fencing is surround a skip the thing in that image

I don't understand, the yellow thing is called a skip and it's behind the yellow and blue partition you're "sample1" image is that right?

aaronclark said:
Basically I know that you don't know what's behind it; that's the point. What do professionals do in this situation?
What's the point?
Are you asking how to remove the yellow and blue partition to see what's behind it?
Because that's what I'm getting from your question.

aaronclark

I don't understand, the yellow thing is called a skip and it's behind the yellow and blue partition you're "sample1" image is that right?

What's the point?
Are you asking how to remove the yellow and blue partition to see what's behind it?
Because that's what I'm getting from your question.

Re: Sample 1 || Yes that's correct; just ignore that part.

Re: The Point || I'm trying to remove that from the image so that it was as if there is nothing there. I want what would be behind but do not have any reference to what is behind. In the industry (big buck pros standard) would they make it adament for more reference or would they do something else?

Basically can you remove that from the image as if it was never there in the first place?

iDad

Guru
Without reference image it would be guessing game as to what is there

Steve

Retired Administrator
I'm sorry I don't understand you.
I'm having a really hard time finding a question in your statements.
A simple I want to do 1, 2, 3 would be helpful.

aaronclark said:
I'm trying to remove that from the image so that it was as if there is nothing there
You're trying to remove the blue and yellow partition or wall from the image.
OK easy enough use a selection tool like lasso or pen and hit the delete key.

aaronclark said:
I want what would be behind but do not have any reference to what is behind
Well there's nothing behind it, it's a flat image.
Take a pencil and a piece of paper.
Draw a building on the paper, then erase the building, there's nothing there.

If you want to add something to "appear that something was behind the wall that's completely different.

Last edited:

aaronclark

I'm sorry I don't understand you.
I'm having a really hard time finding a question in your statements.
A simple I want to do 1, 2, 3 would be helpful.

You're trying to remove the blue and yellow partition or wall from the image.
OK easy enough use a selection tool like lasso or pen and hit the delete key.

Well there's nothing behind it, it's a flat image.
Take a pencil and a piece of paper.
Draw a building in the paper, then erase the building, there's nothing there.

If you want to add something to "appear that something was behind the wall that's completely different.

Do you want to combine

Yeah don't worry mate. I'm loosing it!