What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADVICE PLEASE.....COLOUR CAST from HELL.

deano

hello PSG.
i was just wondering if this is possible to restore to its original quality as seen on the photo BORDER.
I would be very grateful if somebody could advise me of HOW.
i am of limited skills, so here is hoping it can be done.
I am wishing to keep all the photo and not crop it.
i am new to the FORUM so just to confirm i am only after advice, not to have it done for me.(thank you )

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have the original image?

The one you posted is missing the original border.

deano

hello Sam good to hear from you. I can see the whole picture. it is a different colour around the edge (border) where the photo frame has been. the rest of the picture has colour faded.
is that what you see too?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No...........this is what I see when I open the image in Photoshop. No border
Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 10.01.45 AM.png

Argos

Guru
I think the best you can do with this image is turn it black and white and improved, and if you still want it in colour, painted part by part with no border reference, just go for the best look.

Cheers!

By the way IamSam, i downloaded the image and i can see the border just fine.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
I think the best you can do with this image is turn it black and white and improved, and if you still want it in colour, painted part by part with no border reference, just go for the best look....
I agree completely, but I would also add that parts of the image appear to be completely blown (ie, maxed out to pure white) so no detail is present in those areas and they will have to be faked (eg, filled in with a best-guess copy from some other part of the image or painted in).

Tom M

Last edited:

deano

hello Argos.
so when you have a different colour around the edge, can anything be done?
i can't even seem to extract much good colour from it.
i.e. yellow t shirt around the neck.
thanks for your time

deano

Argos (you crazy genius, ) that is a great effort.
could you please(if and when you have a moment) give me some instruction on this so i may do it myself too.

deano

by the way Argos, an amazing job, i don't know what to say but many thanks,

Argos

Guru
Hello deano, no problem glad you like it, in this case i convert the image to black and white and work on it a little, then i select every part of the image (water, dolphin, rocks...) then i create a layer and painted the colour i want more or less, then i adjust the fusion mode to mantein texture and play with exposition, color correction.....other stuff if it is necessary.

If you do it you can improve greatly the selection y use the tool (lazo) i dont know if it is called "tie" in english version of ps, the best way is use pen tool.

Hard to explain this in english, hope is understandable XD.

Cheers!

Edit: i searched i think is called lasso tool in english XD

Last edited:

deano

hi Argos. you are a star. where about(country are you from?
i live in england.
you are a star.

Argos

Guru
Haha thats to much, i assure you a lot of the guys in this forum can to this and a better job just need pratice and patience and you will do it too if you want.

I live in spain (Barcelona).

Cheers!

deano

step by step

hi guys.
ok i am trying to step by step fix this photo.
i was advised to turn to black and white first. here is a snapshot of my work.
what next please Argos said to individually paint the colours , i don't understand.
Deano

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 20.30.43.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 20.30.43.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Argos

Guru
Re: step by step

hi guys.
ok i am trying to step by step fix this photo.
i was advised to turn to black and white first. here is a snapshot of my work.
what next please Argos said to individually paint the colours , i don't understand.
Deano

Let me see if i can make some mini image tuto of the process, that way will be easy.

Argos

Guru
This is and easy one, the dolphin skin.

First, make a selection

1.jpg

then create a layer with the color you like

2.jpg

Then i aplied soft light and 43 % opacity (but this is what i like, you can experiment with diferent option)

3.jpg

Then just you can apply general adjustament, like exposition, contrast, color correction.....

Cheers!