What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects question

Tepazi

Hi Forum,

I just downloaded AE today for a cool idea I have, I want to take a video and change one of the faces to an image.
I managed to learn from Youtube tutorials how to track the person in the video and insert the photo that will follow the tracking, but the problem that remains is that in the middle of the video the camera is zooming out and the photo I placed remains in its size so - becoming huge :)

Is there any way to fix it other than going frame by frame and resize it little by little?

Thanks!

hawkeye

Guru
I've use After Effects but I'm far from an expert and I'm still using CS6. I don't think there is an automated option to do what you want, likely you'll need to key-frame manually.

puraidodes

If you come back to this post again,
Try tracking with all the 3, "Position, Rotation, Scaling" switiched on in the tracker. So, when Zooming out it should automatically reduce in size!

hawkeye

Guru
I hadn't thought of motion tracking but yes it might work for you. Track the motion to a null object and link your other layer to the null object. It can be difficult to find good tracking points so be patient.

puraidodes

Ah! the old null object for tracking and whiping it to the other layer. Many, would just use the same layer to track :(
Patient is the key!